Guest viewing is limited

2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?

[Bonesmart.org] 2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?
@CanuckGal, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.
To start a new thread about your recovery, see the instructions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.


Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!


[Bonesmart.org] 2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here are the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

04 September 2018 jsilvalive (partial)
05 September 2018 TinAB, regulus, Hood1980 (revision), Cappy2
06 September2018 bowhunter8 (partial), Joro, Camsmimi, Jean54
10 September2018 Jlawless, newmrs1231
11 September 2018 Rhodyrhody, Shanari (her first)
12 September2018 Fairhouse
13 September 2018 PicklerJay, Rbtbrennan, EMc
14 September 2018 littlesis, CanuckGal (bilateral partials)
17 September 2018 clpankau
24 September2018 zoesmom429, bsreaves
25 September 2018 Desertgal (revision)
26 September 2018 ShedEnd (partial),fallonwm
27 September 2018 jayver56, Koopersmom (bilateral partials)
28 September 2018 mopa
 
34 year old male and Just received my MAKO PKR in my right knee yesterday September 6 morning. Still in hospital but feeling okay with Oxycodone and some other stuff they are giving me. I have not slept a wink all night, thats why I am posting right now. I have been up walking 2X so far about 50 yards each time and feel pretty good for just having my knee cut open. I’m sure the nerve block was helping me too. I am told today I will feel more pain, so we will see. Spinal anesthesia was a first for me, can’t say I enjoyed it but feel it was the right choice. Surgeon says everything went really well and that the rest of my knee looked good, which is awesome.

@bottomshollow I love the bow and arrow sapphire...good touch, made me feel better about being a September sapphire.

Looking forward to getting home and seeing the kids and start this crazy rehab and recovery period. As of now, I have 12 weeks off work until i phase back in as an HVAC service tech. God has been very good through this process as my boss is VERY supportive and understanding along with a multitude of family and friends.

I hope you alls surgeries go well. I was surprised at how well I slept the night before surgery and at how calm I was during prep. Worse part for me was the catheter getting pulled 30 minutes ago...ha
 
Thank you, Mon 9/17 is the big day. Hoping it goes as well as my hip did 14 weeks ago. If it wasn’t for my Darn knee I would be fine. The knee is aggravating my hip, but nothing like before surgery.
I couldn’t help but notice that you had your knees done like three days apart. How is that possible? Were you in a lot of pain with two knees down the same time? I’m hoping Surgery pain is less than bone on bone pain, if so I’ll be fine, been dealing with bone on bone knee pain for 12 years. A person on the message board recommended a doctor lounge pillowAnd I order that in anticipation as well as a knee pillow to separate my knees to sleep. Guess that’s all I can do. Be looking forward to filling you in later. Thanks again
 
@Jlawless How did your surgery go? I’m so nervous, too. Mon is my surgery date, I try to remember how well my hip surgery went 3 months ago. It was worth it. Every day I could tell I was getting better...Hope your healing process is going well. If you learn any tricks for getting comfortable at night, to sleep, Please share. That was my worst problem after my hip surgery. Best wishes, Cathy
 
I found this forum today. I'm having RTKR on September 24th.
I live alone with two pugs. Will have a friend come stay with me for a couple nights and the pugs will stay with another friend for a few days. There are just so many issues involved in this surgery!!! I never imagined.
 
@clpankau Cathy- Thank you for your kind post. I was much more nervous this time than with 1st TKR - but it's actually gone MUCH better. Not sure if I just knew what to excpect so wasn't shocked by the process or because they used robot this time? Not sure but can say it's going as well as possible. I really utilized all that I read on bonesmart to help it go well. I practiced lots of self care. For example, I called the nurse whenever I needed a thing. Even a little thing- like adjusting the lighting in the room so I could get some sleep. I brought my phone and played relaxation music or used this free app called "calm" to at least relax if I couldn't sleep. Now that I'm home I just ordered a wedge pillow because am not totally happy with pillows stacked up trying to elevate AND there is a knee compression ice thing in my cart- just in case. I also just do my best to accept that sleep schedule will be off and that's ok. It does get back to normal. We have to be gentle with our healing selves. Hope all goes well with your surgery Monday. I bet because it's your second one you'll fly through it like a pro!! See you Tuesday on the other side.
 
@bsreaves Hi there,
You are in the perfect place. You can type any and every question you have into the search bar and find all kinds of great articles and posts that are pertinent to you. Best of luck on your surgery.
 
Thanks for your encouraging words. I’m keeping busy , Trying to get about it too much. I heard from Marie about an ice machine that she says is like a cuff around the need that she uses I need to look at that. I had ice constantly on my hip after my surgery for about five days nonstop. It was a little messy but I didn’t have a single rooms or any swelling could see on my hip. So I really believe it helps.I also ordered a wedge pillow for my knee. Hope it all helps, wish you a speedy recovery
 
I had my right TKR Sept. 13, 2018
This TKR is replacing partial that was installed 2009
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?
@bsreaves, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.
To start a new thread about your recovery, see the instructions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care
!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?
@EMc, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.
To start a new thread about your recovery, see the instructions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?
@jayver56, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.
To start a new thread about your recovery, see the instructions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?
@Camsmimi, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.
To start a new thread about your recovery, see the instructions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?
@fallonwm, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.
To start a new thread about your recovery, see the instructions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?
@mopa, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.
To start a new thread about your recovery, see the instructions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?
@Cappy2, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.
To start a new thread about your recovery, see the instructions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?
@newmrs1231, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.
To start a new thread about your recovery, see the instructions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Tomorrow is my big and scary day. Sept 27th starts my new chapter. Bilateral partial knee replacements.
Very sad that I just found this site last night, but have been reading all I can.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?
@Koopersmom, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.
To start a new thread about your recovery, see the instructions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Back
Top Bottom