BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community

2018 September Sapphires- Are you having knee surgery in September?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Jun 1, 2018.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

Welcome to our September surgery team....the September Sapphires. Like the precious gems you all are, you're going to be marking the changing seasons with a big change in your life.

So join together for support and look ahead to those wonderful new days with your new joints - pain free and happy!!! Post your surgery dates here and use this thread to make some new friends and surgery buddies.

2. bottomshollow

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here are the instructions you need to do this:

To start a new thread, hover your mouse "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op". On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

05 September 2018 TinAB, regulus (her first), Hood1980 (revision)
    11 September 2018 Rhodyrhody, Shanari (her first)
    13 September 2018 PicklerJay (his second)
    14 September 2018 littlesis
    25 September 2018 Desertgal (revision)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rhodyrhody

Rhodyrhody senior

Hi, am new here, but was referred by another...after some hesitation...and a LOT of reading, I'm going ahead with bi-lateral knee replacement...on September 11. Have a lot of trepidation about surgery...mostly fear of pain... but have read, from many, that the biggest mistake they made was not doing it sooner.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bottomshollow

sept 73.jpg @Rhodyrhody, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.
    To start a new thread about your recovery, see instuctions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

5. TinAB

TinAB new member

Canada Canada
    Hello. My LTKR has been rescheduled 4 times. First I supposed to be May (then had a reaction to IV antibiotic) postponed to June, then July and now 5th September. I am having allergy tests done as per my surgeon. It is taking forever! I get my penicillin test on 9th July and already know I am allergic to cats, dogs and a few trees. Have to smile. I'll get there in the end but it has been terribly frustrating.

Right, 5th September. Just in time for a Canadian winter!

• Like Like x 1
  6. bottomshollow

sept 59.jpg @TinAB, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.
    To start a new thread about your recovery, see instuctions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care
    !

7. bottomshollow

sept 119.jpg @PicklerJay, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rhodyrhody

Rhodyrhody senior

Question...how do I get my "Location" updated to say Rhode Island?

9. bottomshollow

@Rhodyrhody, you merely have to ask---and lo and behold, it is done!

• Like Like x 1
  10. littlesis

littlesis new member

Canada Canada
    September 14, 2018 for a right knee TKR.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bottomshollow

sept 109.jpg @littlesis, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, see instuctions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

12. Shanari

Shanari junior member

I hope I'm doing this right - my first post, my first joint replacement. I'm scheduled 09-11 for a total left knee replacement. I'm in central Nebraska. I'm young-ish for a TKR, or so my surgeon says, I'm 55. My right knee is scheduled 12-04. Hello everybody!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. bottomshollow

sept 61.jpg @Shanari, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

To start a new thread about your recovery, see the instructions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Be sure and request to be put on the December list for your second surgery once it goes up on the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rhodyrhody

Rhodyrhody senior

Hello @Shanari! I'm exchanging both knees for new ones on 9/11. Doing them both at once, because I'm too afraid to go through it twice. Best wishes to you! Let's see who can do the first post-surg post! :) :-) (:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shanari

Shanari junior member

I kinda wanted to do both at the same time, but dr. nixed it. :( oh well, I'm absolutely certain he knows better than I do!

16. regulus

regulus junior member

Just got the call this morning...my first knee (left) is scheduled for September 5th, and the second knee will be in three months after that.

I was hoping he'd do them a few days apart, but they REFUSE because of my bad knees and how complex my surgery will be.

17. bottomshollow

sept 62.jpg @regulus, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

To start a new thread about your recovery, see the instructions above. By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

Be sure and request to be put on the December list for your second surgery once it goes up on the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hood1980

Hood1980 senior

I am doing this again on September 5th! My first TKR didn’t work out due to malalignment and am having a Revision! I’m praying real hard it is successful and I can return to my active lifestyle!
    May I get a new title? “Here I go again!”

• Like Like x 2
  19. bottomshollow

sept 137.jpg @Hood1980, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire! I have changed your thread title as requested.

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

20. Desertgal

Desertgal member

My revision is scheduled for 9/25. I have great hopes this will be the beginning of my new and improved life. The past 10 months have been brutal on me and my family. But we are prepared to go thru this again, hoping for a better result!

• Like Like x 1