2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all March Musketeers!



[Bonesmart.org] 2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?



Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list.
However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post
comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link
that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

05 March 2018 newhip126 (her second), em_94404
06 March 2018 hikejunkie, brendaelk (her second)
Edit
08 March 2018 southernlass (her second) Sighreen
09 March 2018 ladylorn (her first)
12 March 2018 Lucia631
14 March 2018 Kikk
15 March 2018 zbest85
17 March 2018 Ali_Lou
19 March 2018 AJimNH
20 March 2018 sequin98
23 March 2018 anny, BeBe
26 March 2018 Guinivere
28 March 2018 plinej
29 March 2018 MajorHeidi (her second)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?
@Ali_Lou, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi-I went to the doctor last week expecting a bursitis diagnosis and a shot...total hip replacement scheduled for March 5. I’m still in shock!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?
@em_94404, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@em_94404 wow I understand why you’re in shock, that’s fast. I found out I needed hip replacement surgery in November and could have had surgery in late January but put it off until mid-March so I could get physically and mentally prepared. I should add that I’m not in as much pain with my hip as most people on this sight, so waiting isn’t a problem.
The most important thing is that you trust that you’re in good hands with your surgeon.
This forum is very helpful. Soon you’ll be healing and free of the pain you experience now! Welcome and good luck.
 
Hi @em 94404....welcome to the forum, you're in the right place for support. Some people know it's coming on for years, for others, like you, it's a big shock! I first knew about my oa from a dexa scan for osteoporosis.....that also indicated oa so my gp sent me for an xray.....she said it was severe oa, better have a replacement. That was all within about 10 days, and the only 'signs' I'd had I had put down to hip bursas and ITB (and probably not enough exercise :whistle:). Even now I'm further down the line I'm still not in great pain, more stiff, limpy and achey in bed.....this leads many of us to think we don't need the op yet, but you need to think what it is affecting in your everyday life. If you start thinking that way, there are plenty of people to talk it thro with you :wink:
 
Hi All,
I'm having my first hip on Pi Day, 3/14. So looking forward to getting my life back. I've been having hip issues since last year. But never dreamed I'd be in the shape I am now. I'm very active(ha ha was), have horses, dogs and acreage to take care of. Now I can't even make it out to the barn to take care of horses. Thank goodness hubby is able and willing. It's shocking how quickly the hip tanked in only 6 months. I went tent camping in Yellowstone end of July 2017 and hiking. Not as much hiking as I wanted to, but now I understand why I couldn't go the distance. Thought I was just being a baby, as I'd had X-rays on both hips. Guess general practitioners aren't good at reading them? But I suppose they were looking for fractures, as I did the splits in the garage. Went for a MRA and showed a torn labrum. Moot point, as I also have no cartilage left, bone on bone osteoarthritis. Was expecting a TRH, but not one on the left. Of course, now my left is feeling just like my right did 6 months ago.

So for all of those on the fence about having this done, wow, I don't think I'd wait. I literally woke up one day and was so stiff and couldn't move. It was like a truck ran me over. And I'm a tough cookie. I know reading that everyone is different, but glad to see some experience the same thing I am. I take 4 Advil and 2 extra strength Tylenol around the clock.

Nice to find the forum here!

Kikki
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?
@Kikki, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello! I went to see the Surgeon on Friday (16 Feb) and I’m scheduled for 26 March. I’m glad! I’ve been in pain a long while but have put it off because I take care of my 86 year old handicapped father who lives with us. It’s a 24/7/365 job. I just could not put it off any longer. I have an appointment for dental clearance on Friday of this week. I’m a little nervous.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?
@Guinivere, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I'd been putting off adding myself here because I haven't done my pre-admission testing, but I'm remaining positive that everything is going to go swimmingly and so... left hip replacement (my first; second one happening in June) taking place on March 9th (the day after my birthday - what a great birthday present to give myself, the gift of less pain!!! :loveshwr:).
 
Hi @Guinivere and @ladylorn (that sounds very Camelotish!)....welcome to the March crowd, it looks to be a very popular month. I'm the reverse of you Ladylorn, right hip first and maybe left hip 3 months later, so might catch up with you in June too! Not long now ladies.....the weeks are suddenly galloping by :scaredycat::yay:
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?
@ladylorn, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I'd been putting off adding myself here because I haven't done my pre-admission testing, but I'm remaining positive that everything is going to go swimmingly and so... left hip replacement (my first; second one happening in June) taking place on March 9th (the day after my birthday - what a great birthday present to give myself, the gift of less pain!!! :loveshwr:).
Welcome! You're the day after me. I'll get the post-op threads warmed up for you![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
I'm scheduled for March 15th, I've read many posts here, and while still a bit nervous, I'm encouraged by the positive outcomes.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?
@zbest85, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Back
Top Bottom