2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all March Musketeers!


[Bonesmart.org] 2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?



Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list.
However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post
comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link
that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

06 March 2018 hikejunkie
08 March 2018 southernlass (her second)
12 March 2018 Lucia631
19 March 2018 AJimNH
20 March 2018 sequin98
23 March 2018 anny
 
My surgery is March 12. I’m a bit nervous but I had knee replacement surgery last July so I’m sure I’ll be ok. I’m alone.
Someone just mentioned putting compression socks on can’t be done alone. That worries me. I’m on blood thinners and clot. I almost died from a pulmonary embolism years ago!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?
@Lucia631, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi @Lucia631 welcome to the March crowd :happydance: it must be a bit of a blow having to have your hip done after your knee, but I've read that knees are more difficult to cope with than hips, so you should be very competent! I think maybe the trick is to get everything organised beforehand, and there is lots of info and advice here to help you. As to the compression socks, I believe the soxon gadgets can help with that, and also not everyone have to wear them....it depends on your surgeon, some people take oral blood thinners and some seem to do injections, so maybe you could talk to your surgeon or his assistant about it? I'm sure lots of other people will advise you if you put a thread on the pre-op forum :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?
@sequin98, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Woohoo! You’re a day after me. Good luck!:welome:
 
Thanks! Do you think I need a leg lifter. Someone suggested it. I’m always on blood thinners and have to bridge with injections prior to surgery so I’m sure I’ll need them again,
I see my surgeon Friday. Getting nervous! I don’t have much pain in my hip so I’m hoping for an easier recovery as the knee was horrible!
 
Hey everybody, I sure do hate to leave the group, but they've changed my surgery date to February 27. Headed over to the Feb. Forum now. Good luck to all!
 
ooh touch me for luck! Happy for you @mills_pc, earlier has got to be better! So only 4 weeks to go....hope they go quickly for you :happydance:
 
yay and I'm only 3 days behind you :yes!:
 
I’m one day after you @sequin98, already vacillating between Yay and Oh No! :good-bad:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024

Members online

Back
Top Bottom