BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. ATTENTION: Download the new BoneSmart® app today! This FREE app is available for iOS or android phones and tablets and will allow you to connect to the forum on all of your devices. The old Tapatalk app is being discontinued so get the new app now.

Get The app HERE

Dismiss Notice

2018 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Nov 30, 2017.

1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

United States United States
    [​IMG]
    "All for one and one for all!!!"

March brings us 'round to the first of our monthly teams - the March Musketeers. Three of our members called themselves the March Musketeers back in 2010 and the whole program of monthly teams just took off from there.

If you're having surgery in the month of March, please post your date and any other information you'd like to share in this thread.

It always helps to have a group of BoneSmarties going through surgery and recovery together. You can support each other in true Musketeer fashion and even brandish a few swords as you reach milestones in recovery!

So....OUT with the BAD.....and IN with the GOOD! Let's get the Musketeers rallying together and ensure success for one....SUCCESS FOR ALL!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. bottomshollow

Welcome to our latest and all March Musketeers!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list.
    However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post
    comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link
    that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 March 2018 mills_pc (his second)
    06 March 2018 hikejunkie
    08 March 2018 southernlass (her second)
    19 March 2018 AJimNH
    23 March 2018 anny

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. anny

anny graduate

New Zealand New Zealand
    @bottomshollow I think you must be psychic! Went to see my surgeon today, he explained a couple of things, then gave me the date of 23 March for a RTHR. Bit disappointed, I was hoping for earlier (my 91 yr old usually comes out from England round about then, I like to be able to take him around)...but he's on holiday all January (Kiwi summer holidays) and has a lot of hips and knees to get through. It'll be a lesson in patience and an opportunity to think up lots of questions for fellow BoneSmarties :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. bottomshollow

march 6.jpg @anny, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. hikejunkie

hikejunkie senior

March 6! :wave:

6. anny

anny graduate

New Zealand New Zealand
    yay @hikejunkie......glad to have some company :wave: you're before me so I shall be cheering you on and watching your progress :yay:

7. bottomshollow

march 8.jpg @hikejunkie, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

8. AJinNH

AJinNH senior

March 19th, right hip, mini-posterior approach. That’s if I don’t talk myself out of it...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. hikejunkie

hikejunkie senior

10. bottomshollow

march 4.jpg @AJinNH, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

11. anny

anny graduate

New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi @AJinNH - glad to have you join the March crowd (officially Musketeers, but maybe we're as mad as March Hares! :egypdance:) I think I might be having a mini posterior, but my surgeon was very vague, so not exactly certain what it entails! Hope we'll all be toasting our new mobility in 2018 :cheers:

12. mills_pc

mills_pc new member

March 2. Had a total right hip last May and just found out yesterday my left hip needs to go, too.

13. anny

anny graduate

New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi @mills_pc - sorry to hear you're coming on board for your second, but welcome anyway :wave: hope that pesky left isn't giving you too much trouble

14. bottomshollow

march 64.jpg @mills_pc, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

15. AJinNH

AJinNH senior

Hi @mills_pc, sorry to hear that you need a second THR, that doesn’t appear to be uncommon unfortunately. How did you’re first one go? I just met someone at a holiday party who was 8 weeks post second THR, and her 2nd experience was better than her first, she looked fantastic. I hope you have a similar experience. What approach did they use with the first, and will you be having it done the same way as the second? Good luck!

16. mills_pc

mills_pc new member

Thanks @anny and @AJinNH. Right hip went really well (anterior approach). Going to be the same for the left. Thanks for the encouraging words ... that's why I'm here!

17. hikejunkie

hikejunkie senior

18. southernlass

southernlass junior member

March 8, 2018. RTHR
    March 18, 2015 LTHR

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19. hikejunkie

hikejunkie senior

20. bottomshollow

march 99.jpg @southernlass, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now officially a March Musketeer!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.