2018 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

Hello all! I was looking for a place to visit online and to learn as much as I can from others! My first TKR on my left knee is on July 11th. Never had a serious surgery. I'm thinking I made a mistake even thinking of doing this ..lol I have been looking around on this site, I seems so helpful and informative.

I'm starting to wonder why completely same people would put themselves through something like this! Haha

Hi.. looks like you and I are scheduled for the same day. I am riding a recumbent bike daily to build up muscle before I go in. It will be interesting to watch one anothers progress!

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all July Sparklers!

july-sparklers-jpg.31286

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 July 2018 rdgallo
03 July 2018 Sassy-nak
05 July 2018 nuni
09 July 2018 NewNeez (his second)
11 July 2018 Casuals, wawae
12 July 2018 philjory
16 July 2018 roundtwo
18 July 2018 sbcamp
19 July 2018 Dijoh (bilateral)
20 July 2018 babette12
23 July 2018 in kneed, LuvDisney (her first)
24 July 2018 Eeek (her second), JamesN
31 July 2018 bertha2493

sparklers 5.jpg
@Casuals, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

july 43.jpg
@wawae, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

Wawae, Good luck! I pedal also! But only when my knees haven't been used too much that day! I'm still looking how to use this forum. Still looking for thread starter. If I can't figure it out, guess I'm not going to stay, but thanks for the welcome!

@Casuals, see instructions below to start your own thread:

We want to share your journey with you. Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" or "Hip"on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.

Click on either the "Pre Op" or "Recovery" forum depending where you are in your journey.

On the upper right hand side the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white.

Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. Hope this is helpful.

firecracker 25.jpg
@Sportsnutt, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here.
We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum.

To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" or "Hip"on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu.

Click on either the "Pre Op" or "Recovery" forum depending where you are in your journey.

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white.

Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

I was originally scheduled for 6/12 surgery but cancelled because I thought I really didn't need it (aka chickening out). The pain worsened and now I have to use a cane to walk. I wish I NEVER cancelled the 1st one. Now I'm back on the schedule for 7/3/18 which can't come soon enough.
@JamesN - don't second guess yourself like I did. I think you'll regret it. Good luck.

firecracker 33.jpg
@Sassy-nak, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum.

On the upper right hand side under the "Joint Replacement Awareness Day" banner, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white.

Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, but do try to keep it short and sweet, then tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post which can be as long as you need for it to be.

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on "Help & Info", then click on "How to Use This Forum". Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

New and I hope final surgery date: Friday July 20! TNK, right knee.

firecracker 26.jpg
@babette12, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Hi I am having bilateral total knee replacements on 19th July 2018.

firecracker 25.jpg
@Dijoh, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee" on the blue line at the top of the page for the drop down menu. Click on the "Pre Op" forum.

Left knee July 18th

The link for starting a new thread takes me to a blank page

firecracker 28.jpg
@sbcamp, you have been officially added to the July surgery list! You are now officially a July Sparkler!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. We want to share your journey with you so please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. If you are using the app, you will need to change over to your browser for links to work; however, I believe the instructions below will work for you either way.

I am scheduled for bilateral knee replacements with Conformis joints on Wednesday July 25th.

Have had 4 sessions of PreOp PT with four more before my surgery. Swimming every morning before I head to work and will adopt an Anti Inflammatory diet with no alcohol on July 5th.

I am hopeful that the end result will be worth it.

Hoping for amazing results to all my other Sparklers!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
GardenGram
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back