2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

My April surgery has just been postponed until at least June due to the unexpected leave of my OS. While I'm bummed, I sure hope he's okay and will return soon.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!



[Bonesmart.org] 2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 April 2018 Litlnana (her second), pamwmsn
03 April 2018 MaryMC, sagoff (his second)
04 April 2018 NeedHope (her second)
05 April 2018 Magman, chardae
06 April 2018 Nu nee (her second)
09 April 2018 Pairodocs, Ewok (her second), silty (partial), ATHIKER (her second)
16 April 2018 NDSunshine, TerryS
17 April 2018 Roddin (her first)
18 April 2018 Jo W
19 April 2018 ccrjackson
24 April 2018 Hawthorne
26 April 2018 Ceridwen
27 April 2018 farsteve
30 April 2018 ArmyVet
 
Hi - my left knee TKR is scheduled for 18th April, feeling both terrified and excited at the same time
Mine is also scheduled for 18th April like you i am also terrified but i want my life back as i have not been able to drive or walk since November.
Looking through the posts here it seems your best way to recovery is keeping positive.
Good luck with your op.
 
well, my re-scheduled left TKR is scheduled now for April 16. :yes!: a nice (?) birthday present (4/7) I guess. Finally got everything checked and the clearances needed. My apartment is all set and ready for when I return home, now just have to wait. I also found out (even though I suspected it) that I have a herniated disk that will require surgery.:bawl: I can't sit for more than a few minutes due to the pain in the lower back/hip area so sitting in my recliner with my knee elevated is going to be an issue. Maybe the pain meds will work on the back also :loll:anxious to get this done so I can get the back fixed and then the right knee.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@TerryS, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi - my left knee TKR is scheduled for 18th April, feeling both terrified and excited at the same time
Yes its a strange felling being terrified and excited at the same.
My right T K R is scheduled for 18th April haven't been able to drive or walk since 14 November 2017.
Hope all goes well.
 
well, my re-scheduled left TKR is scheduled now for April 16. :yes!: a nice (?) birthday present (4/7) I guess. Finally got everything checked and the clearances needed. My apartment is all set and ready for when I return home, now just have to wait. I also found out (even though I suspected it) that I have a herniated disk that will require surgery.:bawl: I can't sit for more than a few minutes due to the pain in the lower back/hip area so sitting in my recliner with my knee elevated is going to be an issue. Maybe the pain meds will work on the back also [emoji38]l:anxious to get this done so I can get the back fixed and then the right knee.
Mine is the same day. Still getting final touches on my apt. I got a shower chair and a toilet riser. I have spine issues also, but no one is talking surgery yet. Good luck with that too :)

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk
 
Hope all is going well your feelings are the same as mine. Will find out tomorrow when I will have my first one. good luck
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@MaryMC, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
My second knee replacement (Right knee) was April 3. Left knee was October 3, 2017. I am well on the way to recovery, thanks to my experience from October, and thanks to this forum. Two weeks in, I am off meds, doing frequent physical therapy (starting surgery-day, and this time, out-of-home immediately, as opposed to in-home for first week). Only problem was severe hypoxia, again, which I have isolated, in my case, to the oxycodon 12-hour.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@sagoff, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome backre to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I am a newbie here. TKR scheduled on Right knee April 30. Long story short- disabled veteran. Told at 35 that I would need TKR, 20 years later, it's finally getting done!!! I have been reading since I was told I would need the surgery, so I do know what to expect, and even watched a surgery on you tube!! 10 years ago, a physical therapist gave me exercises to help strengthen my thigh--and I have kept up on them= and they are the exact exercises that I will need to do after surgery! I told my surgeon on the day we met that I planned on walking that 300 feet the day he does the surgery, and I wasn't looking back! I don't know if I am worried about it, but I do know that I am excited!!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@ArmyVet, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi everyone, I am having my knee replacement on 26th of April (touch wood there is no cancellations) feeling quite nervous.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@Ceridwen,you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Back
Top Bottom