BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. ATTENTION: Download the new BoneSmart® app today! This FREE app is available for iOS or android phones and tablets and will allow you to connect to the forum on all of your devices. The old Tapatalk app is being discontinued so get the new app now.

Get The app HERE

Dismiss Notice

2018 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Jan 3, 2018.

1. lovetocookandsew

lovetocookandsew post-grad

United States United States
    My April surgery has just been postponed until at least June due to the unexpected leave of my OS. While I'm bummed, I sure hope he's okay and will return soon.

2. bottomshollow

bottomshollow ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 April 2018 Litlnana (her second), pamwmsn
    03 April 2018 MaryMC, sagoff (his second)
    04 April 2018 NeedHope (her second)
    05 April 2018 Magman, chardae
    06 April 2018 Nu nee (her second)
    09 April 2018 Pairodocs, Ewok (her second), silty (partial), ATHIKER (her second)
    16 April 2018 NDSunshine, TerryS
    17 April 2018 Roddin (her first)
    18 April 2018 Jo W
    19 April 2018 ccrjackson
    24 April 2018 Hawthorne
    26 April 2018 Ceridwen
    27 April 2018 farsteve
    30 April 2018 ArmyVet

3. bottomshollow

bummer 6.jpg @lovetocookandsew, I know its disappointing. I have removed you from the April list. Just let me know when you get rescheduled.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Defender

Defender new member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Mine is also scheduled for 18th April like you i am also terrified but i want my life back as i have not been able to drive or walk since November.
    Looking through the posts here it seems your best way to recovery is keeping positive.
    Good luck with your op.

5. TerryS

TerryS junior member

well, my re-scheduled left TKR is scheduled now for April 16. :yes!: a nice (?) birthday present (4/7) I guess. Finally got everything checked and the clearances needed. My apartment is all set and ready for when I return home, now just have to wait. I also found out (even though I suspected it) that I have a herniated disk that will require surgery.:bawl: I can't sit for more than a few minutes due to the pain in the lower back/hip area so sitting in my recliner with my knee elevated is going to be an issue. Maybe the pain meds will work on the back also :loll:anxious to get this done so I can get the back fixed and then the right knee.

6. bottomshollow

april 123.jpg @TerryS, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

7. Defender

Defender new member

Yes its a strange felling being terrified and excited at the same.
    My right T K R is scheduled for 18th April haven't been able to drive or walk since 14 November 2017.
    Hope all goes well.

8. NDSunshine

NDSunshine junior member

How did it go? :)

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

9. NDSunshine

NDSunshine junior member

Mine is the same day. Still getting final touches on my apt. I got a shower chair and a toilet riser. I have spine issues also, but no one is talking surgery yet. Good luck with that too :)

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

10. VonnieN

VonnieN junior member

Australia Australia
    Hope all is going well your feelings are the same as mine. Will find out tomorrow when I will have my first one. good luck

11. Celle

Celle FORUM ADVISOR Forum Advisor

New Zealand New Zealand
    MaryMC - TKR April 3, 2018

12. bottomshollow

april 114.jpg @MaryMC, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

13. sagoff

sagoff new member

My second knee replacement (Right knee) was April 3. Left knee was October 3, 2017. I am well on the way to recovery, thanks to my experience from October, and thanks to this forum. Two weeks in, I am off meds, doing frequent physical therapy (starting surgery-day, and this time, out-of-home immediately, as opposed to in-home for first week). Only problem was severe hypoxia, again, which I have isolated, in my case, to the oxycodon 12-hour.

14. bottomshollow

april 110.jpg @sagoff, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome backre to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

15. ArmyVet

ArmyVet new member

I am a newbie here. TKR scheduled on Right knee April 30. Long story short- disabled veteran. Told at 35 that I would need TKR, 20 years later, it's finally getting done!!! I have been reading since I was told I would need the surgery, so I do know what to expect, and even watched a surgery on you tube!! 10 years ago, a physical therapist gave me exercises to help strengthen my thigh--and I have kept up on them= and they are the exact exercises that I will need to do after surgery! I told my surgeon on the day we met that I planned on walking that 300 feet the day he does the surgery, and I wasn't looking back! I don't know if I am worried about it, but I do know that I am excited!!!

16. bottomshollow

april 125.jpg @ArmyVet, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

17. Hawthorne

Hawthorne junior member

Canada Canada
    My TKR, right knee, has been moved back 1 day to April 24!

18. Ceridwen

Ceridwen new member

Hi everyone, I am having my knee replacement on 26th of April (touch wood there is no cancellations) feeling quite nervous.

19. bottomshollow

@Hawthorne, I have officially changed your surgery date!

20. bottomshollow

april 80.jpg @Ceridwen,you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!