2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?
@dehsmp, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@dehsmp my surgery for hip replacement is the same day as yours! And yes, I'm anxious and nervous as well. Here's a virtual hand hold. We can do this!!


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all January Jackpots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 January 17 Doxielover, Paddler
06 January 17 Ananda
09 January 17 B HIP, QueenCee, westsea (her second)
11 January 17 froggymom (her second)
12 January 17 WVHipChick
13 January 17 Woozzie800m
17 January 17 thecraw (his first), Lhip4me24
19 January 17 TDF
20 January 17 Tweetybrd
24 January 17 Liddle1, dehsmp
25 January 17 leejaa
27 January 17 Monika66
28 January 17 Lotty78
 
@dehsmp I totally understand! I am scheduled for January 3rd and that date cannot come soon enough as our days are filled with thoughts of the surgery constantly!

Good luck to you!
 
@Doxielover I think the longer we wait the more we blow things out of proportion. That way when we do have the surgery it's not as bad as we thought. Once I see the Doc I think he will take some of the worry out of my head. Have you seen the Doc Yet?
 
Ladies, may I suggest the following while you wait for your surgery:
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?


I always thought that I was going to be the near-perfect patient with the best possible results while I was waiting for my surgery. Then after surgery, I followed the BoneSmart philosophy of "less is more". I did a lot of elevating and icing, catnapping, took my meds on schedule, and did minimum exercise. I had a great recovery and I love my knees!
 
@dehsmp I did see the Dr. back in November which is when we scheduled the surgery, I just had my pre-op testing all completed this past Friday and this Friday I go back to see him one more time before the surgery, so things are progressing just had too much time between scheduling and the actual date to wait!!
 
Lots of Jan 9th like me!!!!! Getting nervous???? I sure am !!!


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@dehsmp I did see the Dr. back in November which is when we scheduled the surgery, I just had my pre-op testing all completed this past Friday and this Friday I go back to see him one more time before the surgery, so things are progressing just had too much time between scheduling and the actual date to wait!!

Had my pre-op testing today. See the doc the 12th of JAN. I think I need the time between to get prepared. My hip is hurting more for some reason. Getting to the point where I can't wait to get it done [emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Hi All. I am new to the forum and will be having a LTHR on 1/17/17. Looking forward to being pain free and walking with all of you through this journey. I hope I can help some of you like reading this forum has helped me. Happy Holidays!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?
@Lhip4me24, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi there. I'm having my hip replacement on 13th January. Looking forward to it, but a little hesitant as well. Do you have any advice for someone who has lymphoedema in their leg on the same side as their surgery? Will that increase my likelihood of swelling? Anything I should be doing pre-op to help manage the situation?
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?
@Wozzie800m, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I need to add my name to the January Jackpot thread as my surgery date is January 3rd. LTHR. I am so ready!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?
@Paddler, you have been officially added to the January surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Wishing all a very happy and healthy 2017! You will all do. great, best decision you have made in 2016 to have a pain free 2017. At 3 weeks post op I feel great and stronger each day.


Sent from my iPad using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?
@froggymom, you have been officially added to the Janaury surgery list! You are now officially a January Jackpot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom