2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the welcome! Any recommendations for important info to look at first?
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!


[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

04 April 17 Nohipwndr
05 April 17 Wraakian
10 April 17 luvbch11
12 April 17 xthoney, AlGroomer, stephie33 (CD)
13 April 17 Minnie15
20 April 17 jimjam
21 April 17 confused newb
26 April 17 Mojo2013
27 April 17 JonYounger, GrannyC
 
I'm having surgery April 12th, can't wait to get my new hip! Looking forward to it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@AlGroomer, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@confused newb, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

So sorry for the delay in your surgery----more time to get completely ready!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thanks @bottomshollow, I'm just using the extra time to get myself further ahead with work and to better arrange coverage while I'm away from the office. Even with the extra month wait, I'm hoping to be recovered enough to get out and enjoy some of the summer weather!
 
I am having my hip replacement on the morning of 5th April 2017. Looking forward to getting it done and recovering as quickly as possible. Although I have found it very painful, I've been doing my pre-op exercises 4 x per day and 7000 steps per day in the hope that this will aid my recovery post op. Having had 3 major back operations many years ago now, I am not sure how I will go on lying on my back throughout the initial recovery period as that always increases my back pain but I'll do my very best to do so.
Regards and all.my best wishes for your operations. Wraakian.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@Wraakian, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting


For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi all. So got my date for LTHR 20th April. I'm taking comfort from all the positive posts here and have found lots of great info to help me through the process.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@jimjam, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting


For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I'm new to the forum and finding lots of useful information here. My surgery is scheduled for April 27.
 
I'm new to this forum but it seems so informative I'm so glad that I found it...I am having core decompression for AVN (diagnosed in December 2016) on April 12th and I'm nervous, excited and a teeny bit afraid! Like @Nohipwndr I'm making a list and gathering things to get for the recovery period.

Looking forward to recovering with the rainbow crew (and hopefully being able to sit upright without pain)! [emoji5]



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@GrannyC, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting


For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?
@stephie33, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting


For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello to all my fellow rainbows! Our time is coming!!! Looks like I'm the first to go. (fingers crossed) I've contacted the doctors office and the hospital to make sure all my ducks are in a row and that there will be no cancellation issues for something I may not have done! I live 2 hours away from where I'm having surgery so most of my stuff is done through email and snail mail!
I did make the mistake of watching a YouTube surgery about hip replacement. UGH! I'm a nurse and I just couldn't watch the whole thing. Someone suggested that I watch an animated version and that was way better. I could actually get through it!
The closer I get to my date the more debilitated I'm becoming. 10 more days to go. I hope I can make it!
My best to all of you!
 
You're first at bat @Nohipwndr! I'm sure you'll hit it out of the park. That's a smart move to call ahead especially with you being 2 hours away!!

I totally feel you on watching the surgery! I'm not a nurse and I tried to watch my procedure and had to stop it. I wonder why some folks can tolerate seeing things like that and the rest of us can't? [emoji848]

I'm having the same problem with worsening pain. I got diagnosed in December of last year and in the time since then I am getting worse everyday. [emoji20] What are you doing to manage your pain right now? Is anything helping you?

I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Stephanie


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

Fantastic! Thank you so much @bottomshollow I'm happy to be here. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@stephie33, FYI: It is not necessary to use the "Quote This Message" to reply to a post. This feature should be used only when there is a post or several posts on another topic between your post and the post you want to respond to.

To reply to a post, just scroll down and put your cursor in the dialogue box and start typing.

You can quote a sentence or a section of a post by simply highlighting it and clicking on the "Quote Me" oblong that appears in gray at the end of the highlighted selection. This is frequently a better choice than quoting a whole post.

Please do not be upset by this bit of info---many new members have this very same problem---so you're in very good company---and we're not mad at you---just trying to keep the forum neat and tidy.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom