2016 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!



[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 May 16 matisse (her second)
03 May 16 Katiedid2
04 May 16 Pookiecs, uktanny (her second)
05 May 16 mipatch, Gem86
09 May 16 Jillie422
10 May 16 StaceyJG1 (bilateral), Laura1979
11 May 16 muggsymoo, JDD
12 May 16 Yamhillnancy (her second)
13 May 16 SooBee
16 May 16 JolietSteel (his second), Wildwood14
17 May 16 Sommers16
18 May 16 Healer01, oh no (bilateral), marcsgirl102 (her second), MThipkid
19 May 16 Horseshoe, Kwarendorf
20 May 16 net0girl
23 May 16 scared4it (her first), Zelda (her second)
24 May 16 noam'sgran
25 May 16 Mscant, Skiveteran
26 May 16 jomarie58 (her second)
31 May 16 Nemo, sherrymorss60
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?
@Horseshoe, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello - can you change my date, please? They've put me back a week to Monday the 23rd!
:groan:
 
@noam'sgran, I was terrified for my first THR, too. And I too was 57 for the first one (my second one is a week from today and I have very little anxiety about it this time.) Will you be in a local hospital with doctors you know? Or at one of the big hospitals in Jerusalem?
 
Hi I have the. Same date,doing 2nd in August,have to wait 3 months.Will be so happy to get this done and over with.Keep in touch if you would like,that way we can compare notes


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ok so must admit a little nervous,My right hip is still bad and I concerned about how that will affect recovery.If anyone has experience please share.I already have done a LTK replacement so I'm hoping to really start to get some relief ..Honestly between knee and hip this has been a long hard journey.Im ready for some relief


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Getting ready to go into surgery,see you all on the other side


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My RTHR is scheduled for Tuesday, 31st of May, at noon. Check in time is 10:00 am. I have done all pre op tests, just have to go to joint replacement class this Thursday. I wish my nerves and fear would ease up. There isn't even any one thing I'm scared about, just everything and anything that pops into my head at any given moment. I suppose mostly I'm afraid because I'm still so big. I weigh 284 now with a BMI of 47. So wish me luck everyone, and if you pray please include me in your prayers if you think of it. Thanks.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?
@sherrymorss60, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello May Marvels,
Left THR May 18, today is my 2 week post op appointment with surgeon. Excited to have itchy staples removed!
Me: 41 y/o, sever osteoarthritis of both hips, moderate arthritis both knees, moderate spondylosis of lower back.
This surgery is the first of many procedures over the coming year or 2 in hope of feeling better. Have had chronic pain for several years now.
Excited to have begun!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?
@MThipkid,, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I had right THR 2 weeks ago today, May 19. Spent 2 nights in the hospital and was home on Saturday May 22. My doc was Dr. David Mayman at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. This is my second experience with Dr. Mayman. He resurfaced my left hip in February 2009.

Everything is going very nicely. As of this past Tuesday I'm walking a mile outside with the help of a cane. Only minimal discomfort while walking and none while sitting or standing. 4" incision is healing beautifully.

Kyle
 
Kyle,
Walking a mile with a cane at 2 weeks post op!!? My word I wish i was!! My Dr says 4 more weeks with the walker even though i feel I could do much much better with a cane.
If anything, this stupid walker is slowing me way down because I have to figure out how to get around it.
I call it my roll cage, I intend to paint flames on it.
Good For you!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?
@kwarendorf, , you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
My Dr says 4 more weeks with the walker
Hiya :)
I think of it as short term sacrifice, long term gain. There are as many approaches to rehab/recovery as there are surgeons replacing hips. It seems to me that If I trusted my doc enough to do the surgery, I trust his thinking on the best way for me to recover :)
Kyle
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom