2016 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be having bilateral total knee replacement on March 9th. Sorry to have found this site so late in the game, but it has truly helped reading posts from those on the other side. A week from now, I will be there as well! I have had knee pain since I was 12 years old and, at 43, am ready to get this over with and get on with my life! From the looks of it, I will be going first in this group...I will try to let you know how it all goes:)

Didn't read all of the pages, looks like I will be third of the month, 2nd BLTK...so glad to know there are others close to my date:-)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:welome: So glad you found us. I wish you the very best for the 9th. I will be the day after you, but , only getting the one done for now.

Do read the recovery articles, which will posted for you.

Will keep any eye out for you on the other side. We might compare notes.

Good luck and prayers. :prayer::angel:
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all March Musketeers!



[Bonesmart.org] 2016 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?



Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list.
However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post
comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link
that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and
posting


07 March 16 No knees, Paparanian, slowmike (bilateral), Gimpy54
09 March 16 momma-edie (bilateral)
10 March 16 DeeDeeB, fiona4269
14 March 16 Gisele, Jingle (bilateral), cwnannwn, K1600GTL (bilateral), Libby01 (her second)
15 March 16 VeryUnique (bilateral), cheryl1957 (bilateral)
16 March 16 Threeshalf
17 March 16 Alta, gizmotto31
18 March 16 haiti2016
21 March 16 showME52 (bilateral), newlybionic (revision)
22 March 16 bdink21, likenew (her second), Mbaum (bilateral), Fholley
23 March 16 Creek lady (her second)
28 March 16 Annaloha, justtznu
29 March 16 Glamg1979 (her second)
 
Hello fellow journey peeps...
I was scheduled for knee surgery in Dec 15. However, I was in such terrible shape, I decided to postpone for 3 months. I am so glad that I did. My Rheumatoid Arthritis is now under control and I am able to move about easier. My new date is March 16th.
I am excited and a little fearful... I am sure you all know what I mean.
 
Hi everyone. My surgery date has changed to March 23. It was March 6, but my surgeon needed to change it. I'm disappointed but I have to look at it as an opportunity to of 2 mire weeks to strengthen my Tyne and the muscles of my Left leg. I hope this is the correct place to post this!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi, new guy here. I'm scheduled for bilateral TKR on March 14th. Reading through the forum has been very helpful with getting an idea of what to expect. Still nervous but not too scared (as if there's a difference).
 
Hello, I am scheduled for a Left TKR March 14th. This will be my second surgery. Had the right knee done almost two years ago.
 
My TKR was this past Monday, Mar 7. I've been lurking through the forums for a bit, gathering info, but felt a little weird contributing. Surgery went well, came home yesterday, knee has noticeably more swelling since coming home. It's huge and very tight feeling. The At-Home physical therapist said it was normal, but it's driving me nuts and it's so stiff and painful. Taking two "5/325 Percocets" every 6.5 to 7 hours. Very consitipated, taking colace for that, but it doesn't seem to be doing much. Sending hubby out for prunes when he gets home. 21-year-old son is my caregiver during the day.

I'm up walking with the walker, taking a few steps without walker, bending at 90 degrees, but it is extremely painful and stiff. The PT guy seems really happy with my progress, but I just want to be two months down the road.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Having first knee replacement March 18. Lots of anxiety about the scar. I know it sounds vain but its not I get very squeemish when I see any kind of scar...and I already have a few of my onw. But knee scars are horrible. Any encouragement?
 
I have bilateral TKR surgery March 15 (tomorrow). I'm ready to head into this!
 
I'm having my TKR on Monday, March 28! I posted earlier and already have some wonderful answers and comments that have calmed me down! Thanks so much everyone! Wish me luck!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?
@justtznu, you have been officially added to the March surgery list! You are now a March Musketeer!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom