Guest viewing is limited

2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Sugar, you have been officially moved to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 16 dandy candi (her first), upstairsma, Sugar (her second)
04 June 16 New2Sue (bilateral)
06 June 06 lunachick, Shadow3
08 June 16 LizaJean
09 June 16 Blossom, msmo
10 June 16 GRGFMum, Ian C
13 June 16 TDubb65 (bilateral)
17 June 16 cookster65 (bilateral), leslie2548, Rimrock
20 June 16 MI Chickie
22 June 16 BizzyLizzy
27 June 16 kayak7779
30 June 16 KayeKaye's husband Denny
 
I am having hip replacement surgery on my left him on June 17. Great to find this site. I'm excited to finally have this surgery but terrified of the whole process! Leslie
 
I'm a Sunbeam too! LTHR scheduled June 20. I've been quiet here lately but that's all because of nerves!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@leslie2548, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@MI Chickie, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I am scheduled for left total hip replacement on June 6th. I already had my right hip replaced by the same surgeon in 2009 with a good outcome. But now I live alone and preparing for the recovery period has been stressful. Will be glad to have it done and start back doing my bird photography, which was hard to do when only one hip worked.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Shadow3, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I am scheduled for a RTHR on June 9. I don't look forward to the surgery, but I look forward to being out of pain and getting back to an active lifestyle. I'm only 59. I'm totally on board with the PT and anything else that gives me the best recovery.

My Dr. does a minimal incision posterior surgery.

Susan in Tampa
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Blossom, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@msmo,, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam! Removing you from the July Sparklers list.
 
I'm a Sunbeam too! LTHR scheduled June 20. I've been quiet here lately but that's all because of nerves!

I'm a bundle of nerves, too, MI Chickie. It is encouraging that the vast majority of people have such good outcomes from the surgery. I have to keep reminding myself of that. And I like the idea of really taking it easy after surgery. My 'navigator' at the hip place said that first week to just walk to and from the bathroom and that is it. Sounds good to me!
 
Hi all - Rimrock here (Kevin). I am scheduled for LTHR on June 17 via Superpath procedure. I have decided to travel back to Minnesota from AZ based on surgeon availability and my consistently high pain levels since early March. Hip has been problematic for a year plus. Looking forward to the procedure being behind me. I've been working out pretty hard for a couple months to strengthen which is not the easiest but hope it will help with post-op. Thanks for making this forum available.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@Rimrock, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
So my hip replacement day is tomorrow luckily I am not nervous at all just excited to be out of pain.
[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good luck with the surgery, Ian. I look forward to hearing the story of your recovery! 8 more sleeps until my surgery! Take care. Leslie


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Lying on my bed waiting to go down , last on the list :-(



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back in the ward , had spinal and was wide awake through whole operation , amazing [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom