2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Sunbeam too! Surgery is set for June 8th. So ready for this to be over, but nervous too! I am grateful for this support here!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 16 dandy candi (her first), upstairsma, Sugar (her second)
04 June 16 New2Sue (bilateral)
06 June 06 lunachick
08 June 16 LizaJean
10 June 16 GRGFMum, Ian C
13 June 16 TDubb65 (bilateral)
17 June 16 cookster65 (bilateral)
22 June 16 BizzyLizzy
27 June 16 kayak7779
30 June 16 KayeKaye's husband Denny
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@LizaJean, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi Sunbeams!

I'm scheduled for bilateral THR on Monday, June 13th, so I guess that makes me a Sunbeam. I'm looking forward walking this journey with all of you!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@TDubb65, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello, just joining. I'm having BTHR on June 4, 2016. Definitely feeling nervous. So glad to see this forum.
 
Hi @New2Sue, I'm having BTHR about a week after you are. Nerves are to be expected! This forum is awesome though and I've already learned so much that my nerves are starting to settle down. Welcome to the Sunbeams - I'm sure we'll be in touch!!

Warm hugs,

Theresa
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@New2Sue, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello June Sunbeams -

Great site, glad to have found it!

LTHR scheduled for June 6th. Robotic assisted. Both eager and anxious, 55.

Can't wait to be on the other side of this pain, and working towards simply being able to take an evening walk with my husband, or go for a swim.

3 weeks and counting!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@lunachick, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi Theresa,
Thanks for your message, it really helps to know others going through similar experiences. I'm trying to get a realistic handle on how mobile/how much help I'm really going to need. Am asking doc to talk with other BTHR patients. Will try to share with you whatever I can, since I'm a week ahead!
And thank you Judy B
Be well, Sue
 
Hello - I'm having difficulty starting my own thread - I reviewed the instructions above but I cannot find the create new thread tab as indicated in the instructions. Can someone help me? Many thanks.
 
@kayak7779, scroll up to the top of this page. On the white line above Share - Tweet - Share, click on Hip Replacement Pre Op Area. Look on the right hand side, and you will see a black rectangle that says Post New Thread. Click on it. Type in your thread title, than drop down to the posting box and post your message.
 
June 30th for my husband Denny, who I am writing for. He is excited to be pain free.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@KayeKaye, your husband Denny has been officially added to the June surgery list! He is now officially a June Sunbeam!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi! I'm having bilateral THR on June 17th. I live in NYC but am traveling to Michigan for the surgery. I'm a bit nervous about not being able to go home (will be staying with some very generous relatives) and about the surgery itself, but excited to finally get this taken care of. I'm very happy to join the June Sunbeams!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 June Sunbeams - Are you having hip surgery in June?
@cookster65, you have been officially added to the June surgery list! You are now officially a June Sunbeam!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I was scheduled for May 25th but my surgery has been re-scheduled for June 1st so I'm moving to the June group!
I'm 10 days away from surgery and it's starting to get hard. It's just so much to think about, maybe I just should stop thinking? I had a TLHR last June so this is my second time around and I may know what to expect from this but I don't know if that makes it any easier.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom