2015 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
I have a ortho revisionist appointment today at 3:00pm. I'm really nervous. 2 weeks ago I had a ct scan,MARS MRI, and blood test. So today I get the news and when the nurse called Friday to make appointment, she said it didn't look good. A little history here: I had THR left side MOM Dec 12 2005. I had THR right side all Ceramic on June 26 2006. It's funny how you never forget those dates, or words like avascular necrosis. Wish me luck please.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi there, @CooderGraw while it is not easy to do, please try not to get to worked up about your appointment. I am sorry the nurse worried you with your comment as I believe that is not her job at all, your doctor will look after you so please try not to worry to much. Take a couple of deep breaths and do something that relaxes you. If that's having a glass of wine, go ahead. Your right its strange how our minds will remember things we maybe rather forget. Anyway your in my thoughts and let us know how your appointment went ok.....Chin up, it will be ok...:yahoo::good-bad::thumb:
 
Hello, thank you so much. Sometimes it's just nice to hear what you said. I kinda already knew from the X-rays but your right the nurse has no business telling the patient anything other than the doc wants you to come back in.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well I just got kicked out of this thread. I'm definitely having surgery, just have to wait on nurse to call and schedule. Looks like December. Main problem is the cup on both sides, but the left is worse and its mom plus has abnormal amounts of fluid pockets. Y'all will be hearing a lot from me. After about 6 months he wants to do the right side.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@CooderGraw who kicked you out, oh hang on its maybe because you do not have a surgery date as yet and this is primarily for people who have surgery in November like myself. I am sure you can still communicate with people or start a new thread with questions you may have....just an idea....but take care of yourself and try not to worry, things always have a way of working out...:yes!::yay:
 
Hi, everyone. You can add me to the list of November Nimbles. My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 9. I have my pre-op physical tomorrow. I'm starting to get the pre-op anxiety, thinking of all the things that could go wrong. The biggest one is my back. My back doctor has warned me that I could have a flare of back pain after surgery. Ugh. I'm just getting over the back pain that flared after the first surgery. I keep telling myself that I can handle it, that the pain isn't guaranteed, that I'm much stronger this time around, etc. So, I'm focused on everything I need to do to prep: wind up work projects, find a physical therapist I like, find a bed or recliner that works for me, etc. I still haven't told the kids. Ugh. There's a lot to do.


RTHR 10/20/14
LTHR scheduled for 11/9/15
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 November 15 DianneK (her second)
03 November 15 sandiegomom
04 November 15 Sousou13 (her second)
05 November 15 sash, migama, blessedteacher
09 November 15 AZWildKat, sfbionicat50
10 November 15 Mornin' Ralph, oldowl (bilateral)
11 November 15 awolfpaw, M_ Aruelius
13 November 15 PMac13
16 November 15 Gilly (her second)
18 November 15 GIMPY GAL
19 November 15 Jeev (his second)
20 November 15 Akshia
23 November 15 fiberlady, Memainaz
24 November 15 DeepBreath (her second)
25 November 15 shiv01
 
Well its now official and I'm still a nervous ninny! November 20, RTHR. Typing it makes it more real. Yikes! my palms got sweaty as I typed that.
 
Akshia, I am nervous as well. Every time I have a non-excruciating day, I think I can put it off.....then there are painful days like today....I realize I should have had it done long ago. I need to get my life back...and I'm sure you feel the same way.
This is no way to live....that's for sure. :bawl:
 
Akshia, I am nervous as well. Every time I have a non-excruciating day, I think I can put it off.....then there are painful days like today....I realize I should have had it done long ago. I need to get my life back...and I'm sure you feel the same way.
This is no way to live....that's for sure. :bawl:
Agree 100 percent!
 
Hello! It's Deep Breath again. I have a date for my second THR: November 24th.
Time to gear up for Round 2! :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom