2015 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jeev, I guess your first surgery must have been a success (at least I hope so), now your ready to go ahead with the other one on November 19th, that was my date as well but they moved it up to November 5th, so pretty soon. Am curious how you made out with the first one to be honest, I just had my pre-surgery done today and was advised that I have a choice of having local or complete Anesthetic, curious what most people chose. I wish you all the best with your surgery and recovery...:wave:
 
Hello Sash, Blessedteacher,
My first THR went good and was walking unassisted by 6 weeks time. Still have some muscular pain but it's getting better with each passing day.

My experience with first one was great. I had spinal with slight general (sedation) and I didn't remember a thing. When I woke up I was in recovery area. Surgery last for hour and a half. Spent 2 night in hospital. First night was a bit uneasy but after that with pain meds things r start going with easy. Just had 2 weeks of PT.

I wish you all the very best for your surgery and easy n speedy recovery.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
RTHR July 16
Anterior approach
 
Hi everyone! New left hip scheduled for installation on Nov.2 :yay: Right one that was done in July is getting stronger everyday.
 
Hi Dianne K, so glad to hear that your first THR was a success, so now on to the next one in a couple of weeks. Hope that all goes as planned and that this one will be a success as well. I am just curious as to what form off sedation was used, I have my hip done on Nov. 5th and was given a choice of total or spinal sedation....after all I am reading and judging by the comment Jeev's made, the spinal was a success, am sitting on the fence with that issue as with a previous surgery years ago the total sedation made my quite ill after waking up for most of the day....any advise would be greatly appreciated, but regardless good luck to all of us....:wave::egypdance:
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting


02 November 15 DianneK (her second)
03 November 15 sandiegomom
04 November 15 Sousou13 (her second)
05 November 15 sash, migama, blessedteacher
09 November 15 AZWildKat
10 November 15 Mornin' Ralph, oldowl (bilateral)
11 November 15 awolfpaw, M_ Aruelius
13 November 15 PMac13
16 November 15 Gilly (her second)
19 November 15 Jeev (his second)
23 November 15 fiberlady
25 November 15 shiv01
 
Pre-op is the 12th and surgery is on the 17th. Ready to go!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sash - I had a complete knockout sedation. I had heard stories of how sometimes with a spinal, you can hear what's going on. (hammering and banging) When I asked my doc, he said yes, it is possible. So, no thanks for me - didn't want to wake up till it's over. It may have taken me a little longer to wake up, but that's ok. It did not make me sick at all.
 
Hi DianneK, thanks for the info, its appreciated. I have been reading up on different options available and really see a lot of different experiences from people. I am glad that the total sedation works well for you, I wish it did for me as well but instead it makes me very sick and really ads a day onto the recovery, they have no idea why that is and have given me nausea prevention medication but nothing has ever worked. Now my friend had the spinal done for her knee replacement and she said that she did not feel anything just that her waking up time was much faster and she did not feel dizzy etc. Of course I asked her if she could hear anything but she said that they put her in a "sleep" mode, I have spoken to the Doc already and he said I would not hear or feel anything.....still contemplating...good luck to all of us...:what::scratch::dubious:
 
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and scheduled for my op on my left hip on Friday 13th November (good job I'm not superstitious!)
 
Surgery date fast approaching, doing both hips (bilateral posterior) on November 10th.
 
Hi PMac and Oldowl, welcome to this forum, its a great one and you can pretty ask any question and or concerns you may have, I sure did and still do, the feedback is super and very helpful. PMac, Friday the 13th is considered a lucky number in some countries so I would not worry. I to am scheduled for LTHR but on Mov.5th, so coming up soon, really want to have this all behind me. Oldowl, your very brave to have both hips done on November 10th., wishing everyone a speedy recovery. have a great evening....:yahoo::good-bad:
 
Anyone having their surgery at University of Chicago Medicine?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Date change for my surgery pre-op on the 3rd and surgery November 11th.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom