2015 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
November 5th is my surgery


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Migama, welcome to Bonesmart, its a great site and a great opportunity to ask questions if you need to. It appears that we have the same surgery date, its coming up quickly...I am actually looking forward to get this over with so I can continue to enjoy life and do things that I cannot do now.

Have a super day...
 
Hi Sash, I am counting the days, but I am so super nervous. Plus I am "fall" cleaning my house for the big event. By 6:00 pm I can't hardly walk.
 
Hi Migama, wow your "fall cleaning" I think you have more energy then I do...lol. To be honest I do what I can when I feel good enough but I have hired a great cleaning help to do most of it for me as I just cannot do it. My hubby also helps, he is truly a super guy....:). I will resume those thing when all this is over with and I feel like I can do it...so looking forward to living a normal life again. Speaking about that you mentioned that you were nervous, I have to tell you that I am sure its normal as having major surgery is not normal for most of us, that is also how I found this great site as yes I am nervous like you won't believe. But really while being nervous I also look beyond that and think about all the great thing I will be able to do again in time, the other issue I have is that I am still overweight as the doc wanted me to lose 40 lbs., cannot do it with my hip the way it is but to be honest am looking forward to getting back to working out again as well...all in due time of course. So please try and do not feel overwhelmed if you can and look at all the positives coming your way ok. We can do it...

Have a super weekend!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 November 15 sandiegomom
04 November 15 Sousou13 (her second)
05 November 15 sash, migama, blessedteacher
10 November 15 Mornin' Ralph
11 November 15 awolfpaw
16 November 15 Gilly (her second)
19 November 15 Jeev (his second)
23 November 15 fiberlady
25 November 15 shiv01
 
Hi everyone, I am scheduled for my right hip replacement on 16th November. Nearly a year to the day since having the left one replaced...:happydance:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gilly, very happy for you that your getting it done, I saw that you have had the other hip done last year and doing well with it. I have mine coming up November 5th and to be honest I am very nervous about it as I have not lost any weight as I had been told I had to, so just nervous if the surgery will be a success. Its just so darn hard to try and work out when you are in terrible pain, just cannot do it. Anyway having been in pain for 2.1/2 years is enough...:) so I will hope for the best. So pleased for you that the first THR was a great success...
 
Hi @sash I hope your surgery goes well. My first one went really well so am hoping the second one does too. I can relate to your pain. I am over it as well and cannot wait to have this 2nd one done so I can move on and get back to normal. By the way you still have time to loose a bit more weight, you can do it!!!
Have a lovely day today :loll:
 
My hip replacement (right) is scheduled for November 5. I was shocked that My hips were that bad! Seems that arthritis was worse than I thought. Not thrilled about this..this is my fourth surgery in five years...two surgeries were for breast cancer. Encouraging thoughts appreciated!
 
Hello @blessedteacher!!! Here is my take on the surgery -- of all the surgeries one must have, this one ranks up there as one of the most successful. I'm sorry to hear you have had so many successive surgeries (this will be my 3rd in 2 years, so I feel you); I have learned the mental part is often times as hard as the physical. So whatever you need to do to feel better mentally between now and 11/5 -- do it! That includes venting on this site, reading to get prepared, finding a good book to distract you, getting a massage. I wish you well, and am sending positive vibes. Let's all get healthy together!
 
Hi @blessedteacher, first welcome to Bonesmart as this site is great for encouragement and support. It looks like we have our surgery on the same date and as Sandiemom wrote, this surgery has a wonderful success rate and it will enable us to get back to do most things we love and did before. I am so sorry you have been dealing with other serious health issues but hope your doing well now. I was and am still somewhat nervous about the surgery but also realize that it must be done. Sending positive thoughts your way and hope you will have a great weekend...:loll::wave::dancy:
 
Thanks everyone! Going to be spending some time to mentally and physically prepare...cleaning rooms, rearranging, getting my socks and rehab wear together. My pre-op is in two weeks.
Thanks again for the encouragement!
 
Bottomshollow,
I see you are from Eastern NC. I grew up in NE NC, and lived in NC my entire life. I live in the Sandhills area now.
 
Hello guys. I am having my LTHR on November 19. I already had my RTHR in July 2015.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
RTHR July 16
Anterior approach
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom