2015 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having my knee replacement May 5th.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 15 Kansas Teacher
05 May 15 Bilbo
07 May 15 The Queen, Grammy Gimp
08 May 15 Kneeta, SillyGirl
11 May 15 joy318830
12 May 15 MsOptimist (her second), jacs65 (partial), JennyLynne (partial)
13 May 15 Graciesmom (her second), mjbrytt
14 May 15 ShirleyS
18 May 15 javaev (his second), grumpygrouse (bilateral), bionic1
19 May 15 MamaDi, Gilina
20 May 15 Campervan
21 May 15 dowhatmed
26 May 15 mad4cavs
27 May 15 jknee
29 May 15 littlefish23, Nana moon 27 (her second)
 
Hello, my Right Partial Knee Replacement (RPKR) is scheduled for 12th May 2015. Feeling apprehensive and wondering if I should put it off..... (hope I have posted this correctly)
 
Mine's 20 May for my LTKR. Working hard now to get everything done that I need to do before I head off. Work piled up as I lost 2-3 weeks work time with a bad virus and bacterial sinus infection early April. I've had blood tests done in advance to check all clear but will have to have them done again a few days pre op.

The left isn't as bad as the right was before I had that done 3.5 years ago but I'm not waiting till its awful this time.

Definitely NO FEMORAL nerve block! I'd rather have two days of more pain than 3.5 years of quad lag and the complications that brings with it.
 
Hi! Just found this site... having Left PKR on Tuesday, May 12. Anxious, nervous, relieved, excited, all at once!
 
Anxious, nervous, relieved, excited, all at once!
Welcome to the forum!!! That is exactly how I felt---nervous, but also excited and relieved to be recapturing a life that had been taken away from me by arthritis. I will tag @bottomshollow to get you on the official list!
 
@JennyLynne Hello :flwrysmile: we share the same surgery date and same procedure. Just finished work for several months today and will be busy filling my weekend to take my mind off the surgery and lots of lemon and honey as I have a sore throat :unsure:
Are you ready for Tuesday?
 
Hi @jacs65! After a big grocery trip tomorrow, I will be about as ready as I can be! I'm working on Monday, so I will be busy right up to the end. I think that may be best to keep my mind occupied!!!
 
My surgery is scheduled for 5/21. I've had my pre-op examine, my joint replacement class is scheduled for 5/14. The hospital sent a letter telling me they've confirm what Medicare will cover and if I pay the outstanding balance before the day of surgery they will give me a 20% discount. The surgeon's office contacted me they have also been in touch with Medicare telling me the outstanding balance and their policy is the outstanding balance is paid in full prior to the surgery date. I appreciated the hospital, I was struck off balance by the surgeon's office. I'm curious if others have had this experience.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@dowhatmed, you have been officially added to the May surgery list!

My surgeons office sent me a letter telling me what my payment was after Medicare paid. I was required to pay in advance of the surgery. The hospital only required the set Medicare deductible be paid by me and gave me a 30% discount if I paid before I left the hospital after surgery.
 
Well I passed my preop yesterday. As long as no blood problem my surgery is scheduled for Friday May 29th in the afternoon. It needs to be done it's got to the unbearable stage now xx so knee #2 here I come!!! X
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom