2015 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surgery scheduled for May 7th for RTKR. Yesterday I had the scathingly brilliant idea that I should
maybe do both at the same time. Still weighing the pro's and cons!
I had a BTKR, and, I can tell you that I would do the same thing all over again. One pre-op, one surgery, one hospital stay, and one recovery--no having surgery once and recovering---and then waiting to start it all over again.

The recovery is a little tougher, as you do not have a "good knee", but it is certainly do-able!
 
Thank you, Tim, for sharing your experience. Most of the posts I have found echo your own "one pre-op, one surgery..." perspective. The part about having a good knee...well, I really don't any way and going RTKR will only bring about the left's demise all that sooner, I figure. Waiting to hear back from the doc...
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 15 Kansas Teacher
05 May 15 bionic1
07 May 15 The Queen, Grammy Gimp
08 May 15 Kneeta, SillyGirl
11 May 15 joy318830
12 May 15 MsOptimist (her second)
13 May 15 Graciesmom (her second)
14 May 15 ShirleyS
18 May 15 javaev (his second), grumpygrouse (bilateral)
19 May 15 MamaDi, Gilina
26 May 15 mad4cavs
27 May 15 jknee
29 May 15 littlefish23
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@Grammy Gimp, you have been officially added to the May surgery list!

(If your OS agrees to a bilateral, let me know so I can add that by your name on the list. If your surgery date should change, I will be happy to make the change on the list.)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am scheduled to have my second of what's called stage bilateral total knee replacement. My first knee I received
On Mar. 30th. and so far I'm a happy camper about that one so I am graciously hoping my second surgery, how ever different it turns out is good!:SUNsmile:
 
Anyone starting to get a little overwhelmed and freaked out? I am!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Howdy, all. i am new to the forum and will have bkr surgery may 18. I am 60 years old. I had decompression surgery on my lumbar spine almost two years ago. I am still struggling with mobility presently but have so much pain in my knees that I am ready for this surgery. Wondering how common it is for people to go to an inpatient rehab facility following bkr surgery and for how long? What preparations are you doing physically to get ready for the surgery?
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@grumpygrouse, you have been officially added to the May surgery list!

We want to share your journey with you. Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. To start a new thread about your recovery, hover your mouse over "Knee Replacement" on the white line below the blue line at the top of the page. Click on "Knee Replacement Pre Op Area". On the upper right hand side under the white line under the blue line, you will see a black rectangle with the words "Post New Thread" in white. Click on this, enter whatever title you want for your thread, tab down to the dialogue box and start typing your post.

Also, here is the Library link that gives you the instructions you need to do this:
Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
New to group and a catching up on tons of posts. Have a LTKR planned for May 8th with spinal and sedation
 
Hi I am having bilateral Total Knee Replacement Surgery May 18. Thanks for having me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom