2015 June Sunbeams - are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My partial knee replacement for avascular necrosis is scheduled for June 24, 2015.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 June Sunbeams - are you having knee surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 June 15 Georgia Girl (bilateral), mamabash (her second), Gknee (revision), Cookisue (bilateral)
02 June 15 bennyjake, What the knee say (her second), Spirit65 (revision)
03 June 15 TC15, vcree
04 June 15 CATSMUM, Texasgirl, tdh_1 (bilateral)
08 June 15 bwgamer27944, njk, celynda, JohnML
09 June 15 Wildflower6, ShelbyAK
10 June 15 TinWoman, aros
11 June 15 kmann, Juliekd
15 June 15 Gio Dude, Nic'sKnees
16 June 15 Gigi32 (her second), Ferni, Mike_in_Pain
17 June 15 3LITTLEMONKEYS
22 June 15 momweb, Cindy knits (revision), Pink219
23 June 15 JOC, Mizz K
24 June 15 Lovemyalex, dancing girl (partial)
30 June 15 simryg, Raffs (partial), Dawgster (revision), NYPeggy
 
Thanks. I am going to try to start my own thread as suggested, I am new to forums and posting.
 
On June 30th I am going to have my second knee replacement on my right knee. I am trying to be optimistic since the first one did not have satisfactory results. I have all of my equipment ready, next week I am going to cook and freeze two weeks worth of meals, and finalize arrangments. My difficulty has been dog care (this time I think she will go to at least day care or maybe even boarding for 10 days) and care after discharge. Last time my father helped me, this time he is willing but his memory and cognition have been adversely affected by a "mild" stroke.

So I have to decide if I go home directly from the hospital or go to rehab for a week. If you go to rehab, they keep you until they feel you are ready for discharge. Last time my insurance company saved me the trouble of checking out against medical advice by telling the facility they would not pay for additional days.

To keep the glass half-full approach, I am considering these to be in my favor this time around: 1) I have a new OS, 2) the new OS uses a different appliance (the Zimmer Persona vs. Stryker Triathalon), 3) the new OS is easy to make an appointment for followup, and 4) I don't have a former catastrophic lower leg injury to accommodate.

Of some concern to me is that in my right knee I have partially ruptured my quadriceps tendon and partially torn my lateral collateral ligament twice. My pre-op x-ray notes "subluxation of the femur over the tibia," which is some concern in terms of ligament stability.

Let's hope that I am driving by Labor Day Weekend here in the States.
 
I'm having my right knee replaced on Tuesday June 30 and am getting anxious!
 
I just had my partial on Wednesday and it wasn't as bad as I had been anticipating. I graduated to a cane at the first therapy session in the hospital. I can walk at home without a cane. The only discomfort that can actually be called pain is bending my foot back toward my knee. It improves as I do it more and more. Don't be as worried as I was, it really wasn't that bad. I hope you have similar results.
 
Thanks for your reply Dancing Girl! It's great to hear you're doing so well. It gives me encouragement to hear that. Is partial when you keep your knee cap? I'm not sure if I'm keeping mine or not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom