Guest viewing is limited

2014 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all the September Sapphires sitting in the waiting room...

Do not fret - it really is over before one realises!
Do not worry about a man made hip - the new one works and will continue to work!
Do understand that 'patience' will become your new friend!
Do understand that each little milestone, that was normal before, will now take all your energy!
Do remember to question anything and everything - it is your right!
Do remember to love the new you (not just the OS)!
Do not be shy about asking for help, or simply saying - I can't do that today but will be stronger to do it tomorrow!

Time, patience, and pain will be still with you, just in a different form!
 
:yes!:September 16th ! Woohoo !:snow plough: Got to be ready for the east coast blizzards :)
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 September Sapphires - Are You Having Hip Surgery In September?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 September 14 @Mace1994
03 September 14 @Kerfline
04 September 14 @Nkwthad
05 September 14 @gimpy58
08 September 14 @soniateresa
09 September 13 @Rhonda K, @mittens, @rene09
11 September 14 @Jackaboy70 (her second)
13 September 14 @margi53
15 September 14 @JolietSteel, @Newhipneeded
16 September 14 @CanukTriMom, @kendog
17 September 14 @randy62, @gladfon, @shabazz
19 September 14 @AbhiD
23 September 14 @whatthe2
26 September 14 @Seanile (his first), @tabbykat6802
29 September 14 @Joro (her second)
30 September 14 @Jaycey (her second)
 
Please add me to this list. My left THR is scheduled for September 19th!!
I will pray for all of you who are scheduled in September!
I hope I will be back to normal soon. I am too scared of this surgery thing.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Please add me to this list. My left THR is scheduled for September 19th!!
I will pray for all of you who are scheduled in September!
I hope I will be back to normal soon. I am too scared of this surgery thing.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I know it's hard to tell someone not to worry. I wish I didn't worry because it was a piece of cake! I know with the PT starting tomorrow it will be a different story, with pain and I can except that. It's the anticipation of surgery
that puts you over the edge. It did for me,my blood pressure went through the roof.They put something in my IV to calm me down. I never made it to the OR awake. It seemed like minutes and I was in recovery. I could not believe it was over. I asked the nurse when were they going to put me out. lOl!
You will be fine.
Very best to you, Blessing, Vinnie
 
Hi l'm new can l be added to September's list my thr operation is 13th l cannot wait :)
 
Hi all
I'm new here after being recommended to this board by my sister who got great info during her knee replacement journey.


RTTHR 09/17/14 Posterior
had SCFES at age 11 and had the hip pinned, now at 42 I have 3 degree range of motion and live in constant pain and with a wicked limp. Looking forward to being pain free and hopefully without a limp

pretty freaked out too

-moe
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome moe, @shabazz - it is great that you have joined our international BoneSmart family

I suggest you start a thread of your own in the pre forum. Here is the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, other members will pop by and this provides the opportunity for you and your questions and concerns to receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
Hi all
I'm new here after being recommended to this board by my sister who got great info during her knee replacement journey.


RTTHR 09/17/14 Posterior
had SCFES at age 11 and had the hip pinned, now at 42 I have 3 degree range of motion and live in constant pain and with a wicked limp. Looking forward to being pain free and hopefully without a limp

pretty freaked out too

-moe

Moe, How exciting! Your going to be a new man soon. Relax, stay busy and look forward to the new you. It's normal to be nervous, but before you know it , it will be over and you will be on your way to recovery!
Prayers and Blessings,
Vinnie
 
You are very welcome, I look forward to your own thread and then I will pop by with some articles for you to read - knowledge is power :)
 
@shabazz

Moe

Welcome to the community! You will be amazed at the wealth of information on the website and how comforting everyone is before and after your surgery! I, like you, am waiting for my surgery but I feel much more prepared talking to others who have had the same procedure!

:swim::biking::running:

Cheryl
 
Sept 26th Left THR. scared silly! just found out about my condition a couple of weeks ago(supposedly had it since birth, but had no clue). trying to overcome the fright and look towards a life w/o limp and excrutiating pain.
 
Sept 26th Left THR. scared silly! just found out about my condition a couple of weeks ago(supposedly had it since birth, but had no clue). trying to overcome the fright and look towards a life w/o limp and excrutiating pain.

Welcome tabbykat6802, I just had my left hip replaced a week ago Wednesday. The anticipation of any surgery makes everyone nervous and scared. Just stay busy and positive, pray, and also stay on this site for support....it's great! I have had many surgeries and this has been the easiest. The worse part of surgery for me is the IV they put in your arm and that's really no big deal...it's just me. It happens so fast, that in recovery I asked them how soon will they be putting me to sleep. LOL! I had them all laughing.
The pain after surgery wasn't until the next day and nowhere near the hip.
Blessings, Vinnie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom