2014 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?
@Kathy rocc and @TeeHip, you have both been officially added to the March surgery list.

If you haven't already, please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. Here is the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all March Musketeers!
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list.
However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post
comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link
that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and
posting


04 March 14 @MountainGirl (her second), @CAHippie
05 March 14 @Arthrodesis13, @Mad Rocker (revision)
06 March 14 @DosCaderas (bilateral)
07 March 14 @put2pasture (bilateral)
10 March 14 @chaseyboy
12 March 14 @TeeHip
17 March 14 @Ericl, @teejay1
18 March 14 @glmrphy
20 March 14 @kittyroma
24 March 14 @AndisMom, @barbaranna
26 March 14 @Plumberbutt
27 March 14 @Grizzly
31 March 13 @Kathy rocc
 
Had my pre-op appt with OS yesterday afternoon, my cold is not going to stop the show. I took two days off work and I'm feeling better. My OS said as long as I don't have a fever, and I'm not (the gross part) coughing or blowing colors, I'm good to go. I had a final x-ray, the tech looked at the film and asked me which hip I'm having surgery on. . . I told her the right hip. Then she said, WOW, both your hips are really bad. I'm starting with the right hip because the right hurts a lot more than the left. This is my second day off anti-inflammatory meds, it is a bit uncomfortable but tolerable. I'll see how things progress over the weekend. I did get meds just in case, I was prescribed Norco or whatever the generic is for Norco. Then I went to the hospital to pre-register, that was an ordeal, glad I won't have to deal with that process at 5:30am on the day of surgery. In preparation, I also purchased on the recommendation of the pharmacist, a stool softener as "blockage" is a side affect of Norco. My ice packs came in from Amazon today so I stuck them in the freezer. All I need now is my new hip, I can't wait.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Add me to the March list!! March 26th......Saw OS today and did pre-op blood work and such, so now the next step is to get the pre-op physical and hopefully stay healthy until the date. LTHA
 
I'm scared to check, every day the names just keep adding up, is there anyway to just hit the list and automatically follow all of my fellow musketeers? One week to go!
 
@put2pasture, no, there is nothing automatic about the surgery list. I manually add the names to the list and up load the picture I put with each post; and when the page changes, I have to copy and paste the list onto the new page and fix all the formatting.
 
If you want to follow your fellow Musketeers, it is a bit of a manual process, but you would go to the list and click on each member's name one at a time. When you do that, their profile page pops up and you can click on the link to follow them. Sorry....we don't have a way to do it all at once.
 
To Mountain Girl. ]kittyroma[/USER] , I hope your flight across the Atlantic goes well! That sure wasn't a comfortable flight for me last summer (Bologna--> Roma --> JFK --> Portland), but perhaps with the knowledge that relief is coming soon, you will feel fine! Do you have a good support system in Florida? How long will you stay in the States? Good luck to you![/quote]

Thanks so much for the good wishes and big wishes for very good luck also to you.

I hate those long flights too, we get home leave every two years and it takes us about a week to recover from jet lag, by which time we have only about a week and a half of leave left to be awake for the vacation. I'll be in the US for 10 weeks after the operation so won't have to repeat the flight the other way right away. My husband can't stay as he has to go back to Italy to work, but I have friends, a couple who I've known since I was in my 20s, who are taking me in to live with them after a week in rehab. They have a flat plan house and their cat isn't the trip over kind like mine who tend to lie in the middle of the floor. Plus they'll have a car! This is so exciting, not having to go anywhere by bus! I lived in Florida from 18 to late 40s so I have friends there who I can call when I get totally bored of lying in bed too. Still scared though.
 
@bottomshollow ...........Thanks for the tip, I am now following all my fellow March Musketeers, the "follow" tip was informative and made things easier than writing everyone's name down on a piece of paper then going to "follow" and typing everyone's name! Now to just add all the "others" on the "hippie" side and I will have a much less complicated ordeal of finding my "BS Buddies"! Five days until I will officially be branded a "hippie", so excited!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom