2014 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?
@DosCaderas, you have been officially added to the March surgery list!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all March Musketeers!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 March Musketeers - Are you having hip surgery in March?



Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list.
However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post
comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link
that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and
posting


04 March 14 @MountainGirl (her second), @CAHippie
05 March 14 @Arthrodesis13, @Mad Rocker (revision)
06 March 14 @DosCaderas (bilateral)
07 March 14 @put2pasture (bilateral)
12 March 14 @TeeHip
17 March 14 @Ericl
20 March 14 @kittyroma
24 March 14 @AndisMom
31 March 13 @Kathy rocc
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! I am back and scheduled for a RTHR on the 4th of March. I will have a matching set! Looking forward to, well, moving forward. :-)
 
Hello fellow March musketeers...

I am scheduled for right anterior THR on March 24. That's like 6 weeks before my 60th birthday and I refuse to turn 60 feeling like I'm 90!
 
Welcome, AndisMom....glad you joined the forum! How about starting a pre-op thread of your own so you can tell us a bit more about yourself. We love getting to know our members! That would also be a great place to ask any questions you might have about the upcoming surgery.
 
Hi,

Are you having the traditional Hip replacement or Anterior or Anterior Bikini Hip Replacement?
Apparently the Anterior Hip Replacements do better.... have you asked your surgeon this?
 
Hi,

Are you having the traditional Hip replacement or Anterior or Anterior Bikini Hip Replacement?
Apparently the Anterior Hip Replacements do better.... have you asked your surgeon this?

Hi Mark!

I haven't looked to see the difference between anterior and anterior bikini, but I can say that if I am ever brave enough to wear a bikini again for reasons totally unrelated to the scar, I won't worry about the scar. It's pretty minimal considering all the work that went on inside! :giggle: You will probably read lots here about neither approach being better in the long run (there's a neat document in the library comparing recovery rates for different approaches) -- the benefit to the anterior approach kind of levels off after six weeks. What matters is how skillful the surgeon is when using his or her preferred method. To be honest, I did shop for my surgeon with the preferred anterior approach, but what won me over was all the great support systems he had in place, and i appreciated all the answers for my particular (probably very routine to him) situation. Had he proposed a different approach, I still would have gone to him. As luck would have it, my first surgery went well, and now I have the second one lined up for next week!

Are you looking at an imminent surgery, too? Come tell us about yourself!
 
I'm having my right hip replacement op on March 20th. We leave for Jacksonville, Florida on March 12th (I live in Italy) and I'm scared but when I was grumbling and someone suggested I cancelled the thought of walking around like Igor on Frankenstein for the rest of my life just didn't seem fun. It would be nice to have a foot that could point forward, and a knee that didn't hurt. I hope some of you March buddies will keep talking with me so we can follow each other's 'adventures'. Appreciate any buddies who'd like to stay in touch. Barb

PS:
How do you put a picture up on the image i.d.? My cats have been demanding I put them up there.
 
I posted my date in the wrong place. Here's attempt #2. Surgery date 04 March 2014, surgery is scheduled for 7:30am, have to arrive at the hospital at 5:30am. All the best to the March Musketeers!
 
@CAHippie -- not only are we twins on the date, but at the time, too! I get the luxury of checking in fifteen minutes later than you do, but surgery set to begin at 7:30! @kittyroma , I hope your flight across the Atlantic goes well! That sure wasn't a comfortable flight for me last summer (Bologna--> Roma --> JFK --> Portland), but perhaps with the knowledge that relief is coming soon, you will feel fine! Do you have a good support system in Florida? How long will you stay in the States? Good luck to you!
 
@MountainGirl I mean twin . . . HOW COOL IS THAT, same date and time. I knew by joining this forum I would not be alone. At 6:15am, no matter where I am in the check in process, I'll be thinking of you and saying a little prayer that all goes well. You're one leg, I mean hip up on me but that's okay! See you on the recovery side.

Went to pre-op class today, it was informative in regards to the hospital, they covered things like where to check in, where to park, how many visitors. The class was conducted by an RN and a PT. They reiterated most of the info all you Bone Smarties have already provided. So I now feel really confident that this forum is well worth the time and the information provided is on point. I mentioned the BS forum in class so there could be some new members coming on board soon. I don't think I'll be able to post anything while in the hospital, they request patients bring the bare minimum to the hospital. I will post success/disappointments when I get home.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom