2014 February Valentines - Are you having hip surgery in February?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to everyone getting done in February. They have moved my surgery twice in the last 10 days. First to January 30th.....then called me back and said doctor is on vacation and next available date is February 5th. Supposedly that day is set in stone now......I will be getting a THR left side due to avascular necrosis. I have been reading up on the great posts everyone puts up here and feel much better with the support here. Will be nervous until then but I cant wait to be rid of the pain I feel every day. Thank you!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all February Valentines!
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 February Valentines  - Are you having hip surgery in February?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

05 February 14 @BigDave, @ruelfal, @r30kk, @kpalms
10 February 14 @Valinda
11 February 14 @tuffyrenee, @okiegal66
18 February 14 @mystikfairy61
20 February 14 @Cappagirl
25 February 14 @tashia (her second)
28 February 14 @Healthyhip12 (her second)


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there @okiegal66, you have quite a surgical history there.. Time will pass quickly and before you know it you will be in recovery :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Feb. 5 rocks! All the cool kids get new hips on Feb. 5.

@okiegal66 - are you a current Okie? I'm scheduled at Bone & Joint in OKC.
 
I am back, but this time it will be my left hip on February 28! Same doctor and hospital. Thank goodness I have only two hips.
 
And it cant come soon enough! Very nervous but wanting to get to the other side.
 
To all the February Valentines sitting in the waiting room...

Do not fret - it really is over before one realises!
Do not worry about a man made hip - the new one works and will continue to work!
Do understand that 'patience' will become your new friend!
Do understand that each little milestone, that was normal before, will now take all your energy!
Do remember to question anything and everything - it is your right!
Do remember to love the new you (not just the OS)!
Do not be shy about asking for help, or simply saying - I can't do that today but will be stronger to do it tomorrow!

Time, patience, and pain will be still with you, just in a different form! :)
 
It's me again, sorry I haven't been on. Thanks for the wonderful welcome!! Well Wed the 22nd is my pre-op day. I already have my medical release from my GP and I have my final dental appt on the 30th to do a couple of fillings to get my dental release. I will be going to a local blood center the week of the 25th and the following week to donate 2 pints for my surgery. I have watched numerous videos and read as much as I can find to read about what to expect. I am extremely excited about the surgery and don't really have any nervous jitters, at least not now anyway(LOL), but I am sure as the time gets closer that may change. Just like ruelfal, I am looking forward to better mobility and being pain-free. I know that the entire recovery will take time but I have the confidence and patience to make it thru it. I will be thinking of bigdave, ruelfal and tuffy who are having theirs prior to mine and sending comforting thoughts their way!!
 
February is just around the corner, soon you will all be concentrating on recovery and we will be here to support you and share your journeys :)
 
Possibly having the right hip replaced on Feb. 10th. Met with the PA last month.... I'll know more after meeting the surgeon up in Seattle this afternoon. Both hips have AVN, the right hip collapsed back in Sept of last year. There is a possibility that the doctor won't do surgery but my fingers are crossed. My bone density is a big issue. My ligament laxity is another. (My hips pop out of joint.) Might have to have the femur wrapped for the bone density issues, but if not, I may get the MIS, Anterior surgery. Either way, at this point I don't care what he does! Just get it done. Would be nice if he did both hips at the same time but apparently they don't do that. Bummer. I'm so ready for this, there are no words to tell you how ready. Wish me luck with the doctor today!! :-)
 
@Valinda, welcome back. Just let me know when your surgery date is definite, and I will add you to the surgery list.
 
It's definite now! The surgeon thinks I'll be fine for the MIS anterior and we're keeping the Feb. 10th surgery! Yipee!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom