2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bottomshollow, thanks so much for adding me......:)
hokieminer I will pray for you as I arrive at the hospital, I'm taking my ipad so I will let everyone know how I'm doing. It went great last time. I had no appetite and the only food I wanted was jello, naturally the hospital didn't have any.....:gaah: So this time I'm taking some with me just in case......
jebrig3164 congratulations on the weight loss and the surgery will be a piece of cake, don't worry too much. This forum is the best place you can come to for advice and support. Remember there are no dumb questions, only the ones not asked......:)
 
Hey Jeff going to Emory for my surgery on 17th anterior left only. My right hip is Rock Star perfect! I think they expected both of mine to be blown. I cannot imagine the pain of two! Hang in there!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.​
​
Welcome to our latest and all December SuperNovas!​
​
[Bonesmart.org] 2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting​
​
02 December 13 @Hip rider, @Hopeful7​
04 December 13 susanlanc (her second)​
05 December 13 @hokieminer, @Doupie​
09 December 13 @Kayviun​
10 December 13 @jeanius, @dobh, @Gum168​
13 December 13 @ststyle59​
16 December 13 redleaf​
17 December 13 @dkirk0530​
18 December 13 @VThereandnow (revision)​
20 December 13 Madowa​
23 December 13 ladydi​
 
I'm having LTHR on the 4th and had RTHR in March 2013. More nervous this time than last!
 
I'm having RTHR on dec 20.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
RTHR scheduled for December 23rd!
 
Thank you. Although I'm sure we are all hoping luck has nothing to do with it;)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
....thank you.....I am sooooooo ready for this......feeling really good mentally and of course, just really frightened of "the unknown," but I'm truly ready to "rock & roll,".....thank you to everyone for your support here, kind words, etc. ......this forum is a God send.....thank you all and God bless.....I'll check in after my surgery.....can't wait to "just stand up straight"......yee-yahhhhhhh.......!!!!!
 
For you then Gum168 (and your other surgical buddies next week) ....

Comfy jammies, cozy bed, big soft pillow for your head. Worry not, the world can wait, take your time and recuperate!

I will be looking forward to your first post surgery update.

Cheers
 
Hi everyone...
I'm a newbie to this, so please excuse me if i'm not on the right track. Having RTHR on Dec.16. Gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 5 months ago thru C-section so this will be my second surgery in 6 months....:tada:. Very nervous, thinking about all kinds of possibilities...but also can't help but to be secretly bursting with excitement if and when things go well!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having hip surgery in December?
redleaf, you have been officially added to the December surgery list!


Please start a thread of your own in the proper forum. Here is the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

By starting your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve. I look forward to seeing your first post.
 
Welcome to another Aussie - redleaf

As Judy mentioned start your own pre op thread or better still seeing that you are so close to your surgery on Monday and it is already Wed and I can imagine you are busy with Bub - under these circumstances why not start your post op thread instead... Then I will give you some interesting info and us Aussies can chat with you, there are quite a few of us now - great to have you aboard xx
 
hi bottomshollow and poppet,
thanks for the welcome and pointers...need some help here, i'm not sure where to get the 'post new thread' icon??? i can't seem to find it!!! i've been reading the thread on 'how to post new thread'...i'm so new at this- sorry if i sound silly!! :umm:

oops!! found it found it!!! my thread is up!!! :yes!:
 
Good luck everyone. I had mine last Tuesday, 10th Dec. I'm home now and so glad I did it. There's a quite tough recovery ahead from here, but you'll all be fine. And you also will be glad you went ahead and did it.

Kim

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
If you think of recovery from a THR as a marathon and not a sprint you will be fine....
 
......I'm home too, today.....surgery was Friday, 12/13, I feel amazing, none of "that gnawing, throbbing, horrible joint pain,".......surgical discomfort, yes, but I am truly amazed as to how much better I feel.......I am sooooo happy that its all over, will give a full report tomorrow, tired now.......thank you
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom