2012 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got a call from my surgeon`s office they have moved my surgery from the 14th to the 12th.
 
Tim,

Glad to hear you're getting in a bit earlier. I know you're ready! We're scheduled for the same day... 12 days and a wake up.

dede62
 
Hi,
I'm a candidate for total left hip replacement due to avascular necrosis. Surgery is scheduled for Nov. 5th and I'm reaching the "sleepless nights" stage of preparation. Have run through the online lessons from my surgeon, got the go-ahead from the pre-op doc, so now just waiting for next Monday. I'll be having an epidural with twilight sleep, but I think my greatest fear is that I'll be conscious enough to hear the saw and know when my leg is severed from my hip. I felt a c-section incision with my first child and wasn't able to communicate my distress, so I'm worried the same thing might occur. Believe me, I intend to discuss it with my anesthesiologist. Thanks for listening.

Kate
 
I am having my right hip replaced on 13th November and despite having a brilliant LTHR last year, and really quick recovery, I can't help getting a sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach at the thought of having the operation. My heart is ruling my head! The sooner the 13th arrives the sooner it will be over.
I really enjoyed my last recovery. It was difficult to accept the physical limitations, but it was was amazing to make progress week by week and often day by day.
Sharing this is making me feel better already!....
Ali x
 
You know what? I'd be a lot more worried about you if you weren't a little anxious! Anxious is normal.
 
Hi Ali, stick with us honey, we love to share each other's journeys before and after.. We are here to support you :(
 
Good luck to all November Nimbles for the week starting 5 Nov... We will be waiting for you on the post op side :)
 
George,

Glad you finally got your date. Good to see that you got through most of the year. You should be good to go this spring!

dede62
 
Fantastic George, that time will fly and soon you will be in recovery mode :)
 
Timpalmer; dede62; AliPali;

Good luck to the three of you for next week.. Rest and relax over the next few days.. We will be waiting on the post op side to welcome you .... [Bonesmart.org] 2012 November Nimbles - Are you having hip surgery in November?
 
Thanks Poppet! Now if hubby and I can get a decent night's sleep, we'll be good to go!

dede62
 
Hello all Novembers! I am scheduled for Mon 11/19 for a L/THR. See my GP tomorrow to get cleared. Best wishes to everyone for a speedy recovery!
 
Hi Limpy

Welcome to your international BoneSmart family, great that you have joined, you are in very good company.

Wow! Monday, not long now. Would you like to tell us a little more about yourself and situation, e.g. what led you to your LTHR etc..

I am looking forward to following your journey of recovery :)
 
I first saw a bone doctor about 2 yrs ago for pain in both knees. He took an X-ray and said I had mild arthritis. Hmmm, I must be a baby. A short while later, I woke up with excruciating pain in my left hip. Back to the doc for an X-ray....again mild arthritis in left hip. With a vacation coming up, I decided to have injections in both my knees and my left hip. As he was injecting my hip he told me that he didn't think it would help. Hmmm. He was right, but I didn't really know why. So I kept limping along and finally saw a chiropractor who took X-rays and showed them to me. My back was all out of alignment and she said it looked like I had some damage in my left hip. Finally went to a different surgeon who rexrayed me and showed me the X-rays. There is no doubt that this will not improve on its own, so I scheduled the surgery. Funny thing is, it was my knees that seems to have kicked this off. However at this time, it is only my hip that is killing me.
 
Hi Limpy... thanks for the history... so first things first your left hip.. it may well fix the knees.

I had pain everywhere pre surgery, but then I was rather silly, I waited until my hips were seriously impaired...

looking forward to that first update from you when you feel up to it, post Monday.. good luck honey :)
 
I don't go until the 19th....still limply until then. Thanks! That is what I am hoping for....the knees will be better too!
 
Hi Limpy... silly me... didn't check your US date.. but the 19th will come around soon :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom