THR 2 weeks post op and miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO... todays adventure in fun, wound nurse came, on time for a change. Did my dressing change, left. The vac was making alot of noise, called her back, she says as long as it's maintAining correct pressure it's fine. Ten mins later, alarm goes off "leak alert". Ughh call her back, she is now an hour away. I reset the vac, and am sitting her with apillow jammmed between my painful wound and my chair to keep the pressure up, till she gets back. arhhhhhh just want to SCREAM


Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
@dianehelen. I was reading through your thread about your struggles. Wondering if you're doing better? I am almost 57, 5'9" and about 230 lbs, and will have RTHR on May 5. Concerned about pt and recovery, so hoping you're having an easier time.

PS - my reply to your thread took me to your recent reply: so sorry you're still not doing well. Is this the incision from your March surgery?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes, the hip replacement that after 3 weeks became infected

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Oh man, that's miserable. I am so sorry you're going through so much. Glad you're here sharing tho - I hope it helps to know you're not alone. Praying for you.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
DR Husband to the rescue, whew! Called the vac provider, told me there was an air leak in the dressing, and to use the draping taoe, and more to seal the leak. He did, seemed to work, YAY for my wonderful Dr Husband, how I love him so.


Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Oh boy...it never rains ....it pours. So sorry you have this now....glad DR hubby fixed it. Great idea ringing the company

I can't believe you can't shower.....that's the bit that would do me in.

I'm sure you've asked is there anyway? Hang in there!!!!! You'll need a spa day after this!!!!
 
OH as for the showering, I had a chat with my surgeon about that, and he said, if I shower right before she comes, and just try as best as possible to keep the water away from the wound dressing, I should be ok. So I did take a modified, but oh so helpful shower right befire she came, and was actually on time today. I did call to get a time check before I showered, to know she would be there soon. As for my husband, today my dear husband, was Doctor Husband. He is just the best!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Oh I'm so glad for you @dianehelen ...that must of been bliss!!!! I have a hand held shower hose which has come in handy!!!!

@Dieter what do you do?????
 
Ya I have a big walk in shower with a handheld. Yes, it was pretty blissful, other than exhausting

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
I used press and seal recommended by the fellow over wound. It's near the Saran Wrap and works!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
Ya I use press n seal over the lidocaine cream I use for my mediport. I'll have to try that for my next pseudo shower, monday, before nursie comes

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
@dianehelen I am just catching up on your thread and man it sounds like you are going through quite an ordeal! It does sound like you caught the infection early which is good, but the vac thing sounds like a pain in the you-know-what.

So glad you were able to figure out the shower thing...that would be a deal breaker for me. I had to shower using plastic wrap, but washed hair in kitchen sink with help for the rinse cycle. ;)

Sending prayers and good karma your way and hoping the infection clears quickly so you can get on with your recovery. At least it sounds like you are progressing from your main surgery so I'm hoping you can hang in there until the vac is gone and you will feel like a new woman!

Pam
 
At this point, my biggest issue is pain and discomfort, which keeps me a prisoner in my house. I can't sit in a car more than about 15 mins, I can't sit in a restaurant long enough to enjoy a meal out. I cant shop, because I still don't have the flexibility to sit in the wheely carts at the grocery store. I'm trying to be positive, but until I can not be in constant pain. Yes the hip surgery area is some better, and I am thankful for that. Ok yay, time for Percocet and Pillow time. Also thankful, with the aid of drugs, I am sleeping well. Nite all! Feel Good

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
@Vetgirl do you mean for a living? I am the Executive Director of a non-profit that does health related training, education and quality improvement, additionally I do a lot of health related policy work(spend a lot of time in Washington DC). On the side I run a small cattle operation
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom