THR 18 months and still in pain

Oh no. What is the consensus or can they not definitively say?
I'm so so sorry you are struggling.
 
LauraVall, thank you for caring

Oh no. What is the consensus or can they not definitively say?
They don’t have a real answer but I am going to wait for my two year anniversary which is October 16. Then I want answers. My life is suppose to be better and it’s not.
 
That seems like an awfully long time to wait....if you are still having so much problem with it.
Sending good mojo all clears soon.
 
My hip surgery I had done January 9 has been a miracle however I have had so much pain on the right side which was operated on September 19 2016. I just can’t handle the ups and downs anymore. I am getting very depressed about it.

Layla, I sent you an email message
 
Hope all is going well with you.
Does get to be alot to deal with and everyone had their "I'm weary of this" moments.
Please know we are thinking of you.
Hoping today was a better day.
Sometimes no one can pull you out of the funk but YOU.
Sympathy hugs, and wishing you strength.:friends:
 
Hi Belladonna
Wondering how you're doing...
Has your pain lessened, or still the same?
Hopefully you get some answers / relief soon.
A great weekend to you. Happy Easter!
@Belladonna
 
I would like to change the name of this thread and combine my second thread which I should not have created. I want to call it 18 months and still in pain
 
I changed your thread title for you.
combine my second thread which I should not have created
Can you tell me the title of the other thread you created? I can only find a pre-op thread for you.
 
Laya said it’s call 28 months post op? I don’t know if I made the typo or she did I wanted it to be called 18 months post op and still in pain
 
Hi @Belladonna,
You originally said 28 in your PM to me but then changed it to 18.
No worries though, I caught the switch.
Look up top at your thread title....it reflects what you requested
"18 months and still in pain"

Hope you have a nice Easter weekend!
 
Hoping you get some answers on bad old hip soon.
Don't like to see you still suffering .
Try to not let despair live unceasingly as stress is simply not good for our immune systems or our mental health.
I know it is easy for me to say...but I wish for you a peaceful weekend:flwrysmile:
 
Thank you for your concern. As you know I had my first THR on the right side October 19 2016 and the left January 9 2018. They were completely different from the moment I woke up in the recovery room.

For the right hip I woke up screaming in pain but the second hip I was calm and felt no pain at all. My most recent surgery is completely healed and it is like a miracle. What’s frustrating is my first surgery performed 18 months ago is in constant pain. Not one day goes by where I am pain free. This has in no way improved my quality of life. I cannot work and lost my business. I am not one to stay home and I get very depressed. On most days however I go to the Y and swim which helps my mood. On other days I get upset because this first doctor never even replied to a note I sent him asking what went wrong.

I have seen so many doctors in the past 18 months it is unbelievable. I have tried everything and nothing has been successful. Next week I will have another MRI to see if there is impingement of my psoas muscle and if there is that would mean more surgery.
The pain is the front of my thigh and the side at the joint. I cannot lie on that side because it is painful. I just want my life back.
 
You are sweet

Mojo333, I don’t have that bar at the bottom only page number and arrows. Nothing like you are showing me anywhere

Dry needling was modern medicines idea of acupuncture. They insert long thin needles to wake up your muscles. It hurt really bad and never doing it again

@Josephine We have not talked in a long time. I had LTHR on January 9, 2018. It was nothing short of a miracle. Not very painful no walking aides after 2 weeks. I was so happy.

My right THR is still giving me so much trouble, so much pain. It is usually a 4 or more. I get stabbing pain on the side of my hip at the joint. My pelvis hurts, and the front of my thigh. They have tried so many things, dry needling, lymphodema therapy, deep tissue massage. I can’t lie in the right side either.

All X-rays seem fine. So Monday another MRI and then a visit to the OR. He is excellent. The other Dr that did the first surgery won’t even reply. I lost everything this year including a thriving business. I want my life back. What are your thoughts
 
:wave:Thinking of you today.
Hope you find something beautiful in the day -as you await your appointment.
Certainly glad new hip seems to be behaving!
 
Hmmm, looks like I need you to give me some more information. So can you show me the site(s) of your pain(s) using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] 18 months and still in pain
 
I did my children, grandchild and a wonderful time spent with all of them.

Josephine, I don’t know how to do this. I’m sorry
 
@Belladonna If you look at the example (the smaller graph on the left) the person obviously has pain in their groin as the reference numbers are C and then the top number is R2F. See where the star is on the example?

Now look at the two empty graphs Josephine left. Where is your pain? Find the letter on the left side of the graph that is closest to the level of your pain point. Then what numbers (references) on the top correspond to your pain point. You may have 2 or 3 points. Just give Jo the reference numbers.
 
@Josephine this is the result of my MRI

1. Bilateral hip arthroplasty. Associated postoperative changes within the adjacent soft tissues described above.
2. Gluteal tendon repair on the right appears intact.
3. Mild right greater trochanteric bursitis.
4. Focal thickening of the iliotibial band on the right at the surgical site.
 
Back
Top Bottom