Guest viewing is limited

PKR 15 days post op

It seems that some partials turn into full knee replacements rather quickly for the reason you stated. Arthritis takes over the rest of the joint. There is really no age limit on total knee replacements. I had mine at age 43. Many more much younger.

I had the same experience after I tore my ACL. Osteoarthritis on the medial side, but the arthritis took over and affected the lateral side. My diagnosis was synovitis, as well, but that seems to be a general diagnosis for knee inflammation. I had a cartilage transplant to try to stop the arthritis, but am now scheduled for TKR this month.
 
I was told way back in my early 30s that I would have to eventually have both knees replaced. I went through all these scopes, repairs and 4 lateral releases before I was 'old' enough to have a tkr. Would the tkr have been better way back then? Who knows!
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom