Guest viewing is limited

THR 12 weeks post op issues

They couldn't get any fluid out at the surgeon's office so now they want me to schedule an aspiration at the hospital. I'm going to wait a few days on scheduling because that hurt so bad. The CT is scheduled for July 16th. Thank you all so much for the love and support!
 
I am so sorry today's attempt wasn't a success and that it was painful for you. What a disappointment.
Hopefully when you call the hospital to schedule, you're able to get in soon. We're here if you need us. Please keep us posted. Thanks for the update today.
@Nsarova
 
So sorry to read that you don’t have answers yet and it was so painful. Hopefully the CT will provide answers and that you can rest comfortably in the meantime. As Layla says, we are here.
 
Bummer! I’m sure you were hoping to get the aspiration over & done and now more waiting. So sorry.
 
The 2nd opinion surgeon made me re-do blood work since I was on prednisone the first time I did the blood work for CRP and ESR. This time the results are: CRP is 1.3 mg/dL and ESR is 32 mm/hr. I'm having even more increased pain and weird low grade fevers that go up to 99.8. The hip aspiration is scheduled for July 23rd at a hospital but I'm not sure if I'll even make it to then. I quite honestly think I'm dealing with a joint infection. There's no other reason for this increased pain, the weird mass on my thigh that's fixed and not decreasing no matter how much I rest and these low grade fevers.
 
I'm sorry to read this, @Nsarova. Did the surgeon suggest starting antibiotics now or waiting until the hip aspiration?
 
I left a voicemail with their care team asking if there's a way to get a faster appointment for this aspiration. It's just getting harder and harder to use this joint, I'm also feeling the dual mobility part of this implant move around a lot more within my groin and pelvis. There's no other way to describe it really, I can feel it sliding around and moving with random movement, including just shifting in a chair, stepping to the side, turning around to go in a different direction. During the first 2 months of recovery, I had a lot of clunking within my pelvis when walking, just a deep clunk without sound. That smoothed out within month 3 but I still feel this thing moving and engaging and catching on the rim of the cup.
 
Sure sounds like you need to see OS or put a call into that office and explain this shifting feeling inside your hip.
From what I’ve read here you’ve had X-ray and scan and your replacement appears to be ok?
And hope you can get that aspiration sooner as well.
I feel horrible that you are in such pain.
If you are doing PT you may want to take a break from that for now. Just my opinion.
 
Good Morning,
Wondering if you heard back from your OS's office? I hope you were able to give them a detailed explanation of your concerns and the pain you're enduring. I'm so sorry. :console2: Please keep us posted.
@Nsarova
 
I'm not dealing with the original surgeon ever again. All throughout this horrible recovery it's been the same song and dance with them. Rest, ice and elevate. I'm done being brushed off by these people. I have my CT scan next week and I was finally able to schedule a hip aspiration at a hospital for next week as well. Just barely hanging on. The mass at the side/back of my thigh is massive, not moveable and pretty darn hard. Not sure what this thing is.
 
I’m so sorry @Nsarova what a time you’re having. I’m pleased to hear that you have these two appointments coming up. It must be so concerning, and these few days will pass quickly. Has anyone considered the possibility of a haematoma? These can cause hard and uncomfortable swellings post surgery.
In a few days you’ll find out and please let us know. We’re all rooting for you and are here to support. It’s so hard when we feel the medical teams we trusted are not listening, or investigating our concerns. Thinking of you.
 
Surgeons are just so used to performing the surgery and treat it like it’s a cookie cutter procedure. It’s mechanical. They insert new parts and off you go and everything should work in good time.
But there’s always some of us that have other issues. I’m sure you will get some answers this week with scan and aspiration.
Keep us posted.
 
Hell of a day today. They were finally able to get 2cc of joint fluid out. The color was a deep, dark red. I thought synovial fluid is supposed to be straw colored? This was an incredibly painful aspiration and I'm never doing this again. It was an ordeal getting the needle in the right place with the CT.
 
I'm sorry for the pain you suffered, Nsarova. Synovial fluid is straw colored. What you described sounds like blood. However, don't assume anything, but instead wait on the lab results. I hope you receive more information soon. Stay in touch and let us know what you hear.
Wishing you the best.
@Nsarova
 
That sounds very ouchy, however it’s done and you’ll soon have some answers. We are thinking about you and hope you get support and a plan soon.
 
These are the CT scan results but my 2nd opinion surgeon did say he doesn't care what the radiologist says, he wants to see the disc on his own. I see him on Monday. Its crazy that a CT scan shows no loosening but I can feel movement deep in my groin all the time throughout the day. Is there another test to check for loosening?

BONES AND CARTILAGE: Left total hip arthroplasty. No periprosthetic lucency, osteolysis or periprosthetic fracture. Components are well aligned. No other fracture or dislocation. No suspicious osseous lesion.MUSCLES AND TENDONS: Unremarkable due to the limits of CT.LIGAMENTS: Limited CT evaluation.MISCELLANEOUS FINDINGS: Resolution of the previously seen fluid collection between the rectus femoris and tensor fascia lata muscles with mild residual soft tissue thickening extending towards the skin, likely at the surgical site. No additional fluid collection. Small focus of subcutaneous emphysema, nonspecific, however may relate to injection/prior instrumentation. Neurovascular structures are grossly unremarkable.
 
I think its reasonable for your second opinion surgeon to want to review the actual images on his own. Hopefully after reviewing the images and examining you he'll be able to determine whether any additional testing or follow up visits are needed. Best wishes for Monday, please let us know what you hear.
@Nsarova
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom