Revised PKR to TKR 12 months later but can’t find my thread

Oh and JustmeT? You will be too x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@shelli22

I'm glad we've been able to help you here on BoneSmart. That's what we're here for - but it's nice to be appreciated.
 
Just judging by my own knee scars and the small pictures you posted, it looks ok to me. Mine had a few sections that looked thicker or healing slower but it all worked out with the first knee. Just a faint line. (I had moments of worry that I'd be left with a big scar but it all worked out). My latest knee scar still has some color but the more raised areas are now flat. Just mho--If you're concerned due to your history you can ask your OS to look.
 
@shelli22 .... You have no idea how much your comments mean to all of us here at BoneSmart! Thank you so very much for taking time to post them.
 
'Mine' pfft fat fingers and iPhones are not conducive to typing lol

Thanks @kneeper


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I to wished I had found bonesmart before I did...I was so wrong about so many things pertaining to the recovery from a pkr...BS helped immensely and got me through some rough times and a the 2nd pkr, just to have the support and the knowledge from people on here who have been through it and gets what it takes! The humour and fun stuff helps a lot too..more than that even!
 
I agree @JustmeT.


Sigh. I'm sick of my left side from the hip down!!!!!! Stopped most exercise. Continued with lots of Massage -trigger point ++++ yet I still have sciatica, tight ITB and hamstrings and Achilles pain!!! No amount of pain meds, voltaren gel, massage help. It feels like it's wound up like a tight rubber band and pulls on my knee causing pain and swelling on the lateral and posterior knee. Seems to cause a lot of nerve pain.

I can however still manage the same ROM although both extension and flexion are tight at their limit.

Not sure what the solution is. Seeing OS 4 March. Ho hum.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Shelli22 you will come though this and it will get better the support and kindness on this site is amazing it has been my life saver I too worried about my scar that went from tight closed to wider scar the doctor confirmed all was fine but that was after a night of panic


20/01/2015
 
Eleven weeks today. Have made an appointment for X-ray prior to seeing OS next Wednesday. Knee is not so much stiff just annoying pain/tightness at back of knee, ITB & hamstring or nerve related. I have some discomfort when standing especially first thing in morning which improves as I move. Off all pain meds. Lacking energy but pretty sure that's from gastro.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hv been keeping an eye on your recovery shame about gastro it seems just when we need all our healing energy kapow we get hit with silly bugs. But you are get there off pain meds sheeesh well done

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks @Legin. There doesn't seem to be any difference in the pain with or without the meds so I guess it's more nerve and ITB issues. I spent the day cleaning windows and bathroom with no ill effect so I guess it's slowly healing. Didn't want to risk going far because of the gastro lol. Hopefully the OS will clear me to go back to work or at least give me some idea when it may be a possibility! Thanks for taking an interest x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @shelli22

Sending you a ((((big hug)))) x I so feel for you. Still, your appointment dates not far away now and hopefully you'll get some answers.

Please take care
Love Ann x
 
Wow. I had an X-ray the other day. Besides the big mix up and being sent to two different places because they didn't have the machine to do the long leg X-ray I was amazed at the pics! @Nana moon 27, thanks for your kind words. I think I've turned a corner a little lately. Pain is on the improve negligible during the day and minimal at night. But I've done housework and all activities of household since day 2 post op so I kind of expected tight quads, ITB etc. no choice as I live alone and there's no cleaning fairy here! I don't think much about it during the day, just have to get on with things. Let's see what the OS says on Wednesday lol.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck for Wednesday. I hope that all goes well x x x you're doing brilliantly Shelli x x x x
 
I have a husband at home but he's been so busy lately I've been trying to do stuff I'd normally do. Unfortunately another setback made me have a weeks rest again with gentle exercises. If the PT is not happy on Monday, with swelling on my TKR still, he wants me to see the OS about it. Trouble is I'm on the list to have other one done. Panicking now since TKR gone funny again. Never mind. I'll get over it xxx

I understand about the cleaning and washing fairy xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
I have been reading your thread @ Nana moon 27. I think you are doing amazingly well, especially with the many hurdles you have had along the way x. I hope you find answers for your TKR issues and a date in the near future for the naughty other leg.

I had a hugely busy day today following minimal sleep last night. I had the whole family over for lunch. This meant vacuuming and washing floors and cleaning bathrooms beforehand. Then of course my son and his partner and my two grandchildren turned up early just as I finished the floors. Then walked on them. Arghhhh. Oh well at least I knew they were clean lol. Lunch? I cheated. I sent my sons out to get chicken and salad items (for the heslthy ones) and fish and chips. Easy! Threw dishes in dishwasher afterwards and that was that. Then had to drive to pick up a sest I had been sanding. Now I have my legs up on the lounge. TKR feels no different, no extra pain so I think it's improving! Slowly.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Shelli

Oh you've done so brilliantly. I admire your recovery. I never ever begrudge anyone a good recovery. I'm relieved for them and that's the honest truth x

I don't blame you with the whole lunch thing. That was a jolly good idea x clever girl, I like it!!!

Enjoy your rest you've so earned it. Catch you later x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom