Revised PKR to TKR 12 months later but can’t find my thread

I used the motorized cart and I was still wiped out! Of course, it didn't help that my store was 25 minutes away.
 
@kneeper I think this recovery is the worst of the many I have had with this knee. I guess I figured I am taking two max dose strong pain relievers so walking a little in the shop should be fine and will help the excruciating pain of sciatica. But I had dropped two doses and herein lies the problem. If I hadn’t dropped them I would have been fine.
 
Hmmm. I was just reading a very very long thread of a very positive and easy recovery where nothing, as yet has gone wrong with either the first or second knee. It was mentioned that the only recoveries they were prepared to read were ones where nothing went wrong and resulted in a positive outcome. Many who responded echoed this view. This saddened me. None of us wish for a difficult or painful recovery. We don’t ask for infections, allergies, loosening or any number of other things that make this recovery horrific and not just difficult. I always wondered why very few read my posts/thread. Now I know. No one wants to read of a disastrous recovery, they’d rather happy joyful ones.

Unfortunately I do not live in a perfect world but I’m more than happy to read any thread, positive or difficult. I think if I can help someone who is suffering by a kind word, support or a reflection of my own difficulties or a suggestion that may assist in improving another’s outcome or even one day of their journey, then I’m more than happy to take all the time in the world to help. Those struggling with this recovery also need support and empathy. I’m disappointed that some consider a difficult recovery less worthy of support.
 
Last edited:
We try to help everyone here when you need it. If the only thing we can do is to listen and be a shoulder, we do that. When a recovery is difficult like yours, you have many our us praying for you. It's not true that people respond to only good posts. We do the best we can to be here for everybody.
 
I read your posts but I often don’t have any suggestions as I have not experienced some of the things you have. I can send hugs, though. :console2:

I’m sorry that this is another difficult recovery. It’s not “supposed” to go that way. I hope this one will end the way it’s supposed to.
 
@sisterinhim no none of the moderators do nor many of the posters. They all listen and they’re all amazing. I certainly wasn’t talking about all of you. These were specific comments in a couple of posts, as I mentioned above and agreed upon by those in the group. It wasn’t a generalisation about everyone. I just thought it was so sad that posts like mine depress people.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited:
@Jockette I know you do and I appreciate it and hugs to you too x
I’m not sure how this will turn out. The issue is swelling and therefore pain. I do so little I’m surprised it swells so much. I can only hope it settles this time, doing so little exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited:
Did you swell this much with the other surgeries?
 
@Jockette yes I did. All of them. I’m just surprised that doing no exercise hasn’t changed anything. The amount of swelling is the same if not more. Odd.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@shelli22 I read 'em all - positive ones and difficult ones. MLWReader is my name and reading is my game - lol. :rotfl: I hope you are having a good Saturday. (So sorry for the ridiculous joke, sometimes I can't help myself.)
 
@mlreader I read them all too, there’s a lot of learning from both the smooth sailing and the more difficult recoveries. Nothing wrong with a bit of humour and very apt too lol I spent the afternoon visiting my day in hospital. He just had his first knee replacement four days ago. On the day of the surgery, after he awoke he said to me, I’m going to be better than you I’m feeling great and no pain. I had to tell him the truth though part of me wanted to let him believe that was all there was to it. I said oh dear, wait until tomorrow your spinal block hasn’t worn off yet and you had lots of pain relief. The next day was a totally different story. The worst part was he was on a ward that wasn’t orthopedic and so they refused to let him have pain relief until he had pain. He spent the last two days in agony the poor man.
 
The worst part was he was on a ward that wasn’t orthopedic and so they refused to let him have pain relief until he had pain. He spent the last two days in agony the poor man.
Oh my, I don’t understand why patients are treated the way they are sometimes. We trust the medical professionals to take care of us and they don’t. But then they are not the ones in pain.

So how are you after the outing?
 
Hmmm. I was just reading a very very long thread of a very positive and easy recovery where nothing, as yet has gone wrong with either the first or second knee. It was mentioned that the only recoveries they were prepared to read were ones where nothing went wrong and resulted in a positive outcome. Many who responded echoed this view. This saddened me. None of us wish for a difficult or painful recovery. We don’t ask for infections, allergies, loosening or any number of other things that make this recovery horrific and not just difficult. I always wondered why very few read my posts/thread. Now I know. No one wants to read of a disastrous recovery, they’d rather happy joyful ones.
Try not to take this to heart. It was one comment from one person.

People need to read threads that tell of both easy and difficult recoveries, and everyone is free to post.

To balance the comment that upset you, we have recently had one positive poster who felt that she shouldn't keep posting about her good recovery, because there were so many people who had problems.
 
@shelli22 Did you say it was your dad who had his first knee done? Poor guy - sounds like he had a time of it.

Have a restful night's sleep tonight!
 
@mlreader I read them all too, there’s a lot of learning from both the smooth sailing and the more difficult recoveries. Nothing wrong with a bit of humour and very apt too lol I spent the afternoon visiting my day in hospital. He just had his first knee replacement four days ago. On the day of the surgery, after he awoke he said to me, I’m going to be better than you I’m feeling great and no pain. I had to tell him the truth though part of me wanted to let him believe that was all there was to it. I said oh dear, wait until tomorrow your spinal block hasn’t worn off yet and you had lots of pain relief. The next day was a totally different story. The worst part was he was on a ward that wasn’t orthopedic and so they refused to let him have pain relief until he had pain. He spent the last two days in agony the poor man.

@Jockette I am ok. Usual swelling and pain. I just come home elevate and ice. I felt sorry for him. He’s almost eighty and spent three days in agony. Today thankfully he was a lot better but they still had minimal pain relief. I ended up requesting they call the ortho doc and ask for something else as he only had the one pain relief and it was too soon for him to have it.

@Celle yes I guess you’re right. I agree it is best to read both easy and difficult. It was just a hard post to read as many agreed. Didn’t help probably that I was having a down day anyway. I’m normally quite accepting of my lot but I find the sweating and pain very frustrating and I’d had enough.

@mlreader yes it was my dad. Odd he had his first done at almost eighty and I’m having mine thirty years younger almost albeit the third time on the same knee. He has had an awful time of it but will probably go home tomorrow and my Mum will make sure he gets the pain relief on time.

I was asleep but I wake at two and that’s about it for sleep for the night. That’s when I do a lot of reading of these threads. I have learnt a lot from posts in this forum as many have similar issues that I can then further investigate.
 
I’m sorry your dad is having such a hard time, but it will definitely put your struggles in a better light of understanding, probably with your whole family.

I’m not saying any of your family has not been supportive of you, but another experience that is not one those amazing recoveries has got to tell people that this is indeed a difficult recovery.

Hugs to all of you! :console2:
 
It is so hard to see those we love in extreme pain. Thank God your dad will be going home tomorrow where those who love him can take care of him!
 
Absolutely. Just checking his bloods. He has a slight temp. Hopefully then he can go home.

@Jockette you are so right because for the last four years it has been my fault all the way through. Didn’t exercise. Exercises too much. Didn’t get back to work soon enough. Went back too soon. Taking too much pain relief. Must be doing something wrong. Etc

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom