Guest viewing is limited

Revised PKR to TKR 12 months later but can’t find my thread

@Josephine I guess the conversation was more about avoiding previous issues and he suggested we don’t do PT or any exercise. Well that’s how it started.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Pre op stuff done. Now we wait. So I’ll with nerves. Horrible headache. Keep needling the toilet. Waiting is awful.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hugs and Best Wishes for tomorrow!
 
I, and many more, will be praying for you!
 
Thank you @lovetocookandsew. All done. I was really sick all day today. The resurfaced the patella and put a button and replaced the original. Had to do a stem or something in tibia component (bit out of it so I wasn’t quite sure what he said) and cemented. All went well. Feeling a lot better now. I have had a lot of pain meds both in surgery and post. My knee is very sore but bearable. Probably a pain score of 3. Physio came with a booklet of exercises and had me stand up and get back in bed again. That was it. Other than that just resting.
 
Good to hear from you! Best wishes for an uneventful and complete recovery!
:console2:
 
Yay!! Sounds like all went well and you’re on the path to recovery. Every day that passes is one more day to a new life with new knees!! Prayers and hugs to you...:flwrysmile:
 
Thank you @Jockette. I have two exercises to do. Ankle pumps and thigh squeezes. That’s it. Surgeon has been in twice both this morning and this evening to check that I have good pain coverage and antiemetics. I had the CPM on but it was hurting the top of my knee. I told him I couldn’t do it for longer than two hours and couldn’t increase the bend. He just said fine. Obviously too early yet don’t worry about it. Pain relief is excellent. Food is amazing and the staff are fabulous. I have no complaints.
 
Thank you @lovetocookandsew. Will keep you posted. Thankfully there’s not much to tell so far as all is going well. Pain sits at around a 3 while lying in bed. Hope you’re doing well x
 
@Beckaroo. So far all is well. I’m definitely glad it’s over and I’m moving forward. I will keep you all posted. Tomorrow it’s up and out of bed and walking with a walker. We’ll see how that goes.
 
I am still trying to adjust to all the pain meds so haven’t been able to read many other posts. Now that the drains, PCA and oxygen have been removed I’m starting to feel less attached but still very foggy when typing and reading. Will catch up in the next few days.
 
It sounds like you're doing super well! Yahoo! Now, don't let anyone hurt you. You know that will set your recovery back.
 
Good to hear from you! I'm glad it's over and you're doing well. Keep us posted.

@sistersinhim the physio doesn’t do anything other than show you a pic of what he wants you to do. No touching or pushing at all. Got up, showered. Went for a walk up and down the hall. Sat out in chair for lunch. Exercise - heel lift and heel slide plus the two from yesterday. Reached flexion of 90 today. Physio happy with that so no need for CPM yay
 
I’m such a witch. An hour ago we decided not to have fentanyl as it makes me feel nauseous but that was on the proviso that endone was on time because the pain is starting. Well no endone so I rang the bell right on time. She told me I’ll just have to wait. We did specify that it had to be on time due to fentanyl being ceased and OxyContin as well. I waited 15 minutes and then ended up sobbing. You can be onto it as much as you like but at the end of the day others have control and can leave you sitting there in agony. It took that night and the next morning to get back on top of the pain.
 
Last edited:
Oh my lord. I just had the worst pain in the world and cried for I reckon an hour. Stopped fentanyl PCA. Was to go to fentanyl IM but as it was making me ill the nurse said we’d keep covered with all the others if they were on time. Not really thinking I said ok. Whatever you think. But I was having all the others in addition to 30 mcg of fentanyl. Going cold turkey off it wasn’t smart. Still isn’t. Oh well. Pain is definitely not covered now.
 
Actually ended up going cold turkey off two. Anyway, it took until lunch time today to sort out the meds and get on top of the pain. Physio came round. Asked me how I was doing so I said I have done the few exercises and can walk around the ward with walker and flexion is 90. He wanted to see it all so we went through them and he said don’t push to lift it it will come. Yay for great PT. We started walking the ward and I kept lifingt the walker and carrying it unintentionally. He transferred me to a stick. All good. Now just using the stick.

Threw up lunch today. Not sure why. Feels like food gets trapped in my throat and I struggle to breathe so I brought it up rather than choke. Took dinner really slow and cut in to tiny pieces. That was better. Overall fairly uneventful.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom