Guest viewing is limited

TKR 11 weeks post op and still in pain.

Maryanne,
With all the swelling and pain, I suspect you are doing too much. Suggest you slow down, Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate on schedule as prescribed.
Everyone heals at a different pace, some faster some slower, with set backs here and there. You cannot rush this recovery, but you can set yourself back with over doing.
Suggest you go back and read the recovery articles Celle left for you in post #3.

Most of us had a follow up appointment with our OS around 3 months, you should be nearing that appointment.
If you are concerned, call and make an appointment with your OS.
 
I am just over three months post op,I can do most things but in moderation,my ROM is satisfactory but I too still have pain.It doesn't hurt when I am moving but my leg seems to stiffen when I keep still either sitting,elevating or in bed.When I then try to move it really hurts for a few minutes until everything stretches again.I was expecting to be out of pain by now but from your experience maybe I am being too optimistic.I also have a painful area just to the inside of my kneecap,this varies in intensity but is painful to touch.It almost feels as if the prosthesis is slightly too big.I really hope this will settle down.
 
@Maryanne I think you and I are are close in surgery dates. Mine was March 20th. I too have no pain with general movement but boy does it stiffen up when sitting or lying down! I especially notice it in bed and it wakes me up when I've been sleeping in one position and move my leg to stretch it out.

I've always heard that 12-14 weeks was the "magical" timeframe where you begin to feel somewhat normal and I can see glimpses of that at 15 weeks. I'm not anywhere near painfree because of the stiffness and tight band feeling. But I do believe this is quite normal.

I'm hoping the next couple of months will be where I will see the improvements go from baby steps to at least toddler steps and then on to being a teenager again :heehee:
 
Hi @Maryanne - you will see that I have moved your post from sioux's thread to your own thread.

By putting the above post in her recovery thread, you were disrupting her thread, which should be about her own recovery.
Forum etiquette: being polite when posting

Please post any updates or questions about your recovery in your own thread. We will see them there, as someone checks all the new posts every day.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Just in case you couldn't find your thread, here are the instructions on finding your thread,
How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on. Please do that.

I see that we have twice had had to merge threads for you and now you've had a post moved from someone else's recovery thread, so from now on please use this thread for all your posts about your knee .
The writing in blue provides links to article on how to do things here on BoneSmart. Please read them and follow their advice.
 
I am just over three months post op,I can do most things but in moderation,my ROM is satisfactory but I too still have pain.It doesn't hurt when I am moving but my leg seems to stiffen when I keep still either sitting,elevating or in bed.When I then try to move it really hurts for a few minutes until everything stretches again.I was expecting to be out of pain by now but from your experience maybe I am being too optimistic.I also have a painful area just to the inside of my kneecap,this varies in intensity but is painful to touch.It almost feels as if the prosthesis is slightly too big.I really hope this will settle down.
All these aches and pains will settle down, but it takes time. Remember that complete recovery takes a full year, or even longer, so you are only a quarter of the way there. Where you are now is not where you will end up.

Many of us find that we are a bit stiff and sore when we first stand up, but walking a few paces usually loosens things up.
 
Back
Top Bottom