TKR 11 months out LTKR still in Pain

Oh! my that sound awful to have to go through. The restaurant we plan on going to is full serve but I have a strange feeling it will be crowded anyway. I hope the line is short because waiting in line won't be comfortable at this stage of recovery. We only have one restaurant open in our area on Thanksgiving day. Well we will see what happens then.

Do you have a pain management doctor near you? Sorry to hear about the tramadol. I had that problem of nightmares with the oxy. Are you taking any tylenol? That is working really go for me this time. Before surgery it did nothing for pain.

Take care of yourself and whatever you decide to do for Thanksgiving Day enjoy! Schpooko
 
Each hydrocodone pill I take has 325 mg of acetaminophen,(Tylenol) in them. I take 8 a day. That’s 2600mg a day. I could take some more. I’m also on 2 Celebrex a day.
I’m having some dizziness with the hydrocodone but I don’t want to be in pain.

There are Pain specialists in my suburban area of Portland, Oregon. If it looks like I’m going to need to be on pain meds longer and my OS won’t let me. I may try talking to my Primary care physician.

Happy Thanksgiving to You. We are going to the sister's in law but I plan on making a turkey breast and stuffing and gravy over the weekend. With husbands help
 
I’ve been thinking about that. Maybe taking a pillow and a frozen gel pack
 
I may try talking to my Primary care physician.
I hope you are successful. We always used to recommend members went to their GPs if their surgeons cut them off but lately, I've noticed members coming back to report that their GPs will no longer oblige because "it's the surgeon's job"!
 
I had my LTKR 10/29/18. My leg swelled quite a lot, much more than my RTKR 4 months previously. Ive got great extension and flexion. I bike, swim, do yoga yard work. But walking and standing , especially standing in one place is painful. When Im standing my knee is so tight feeling, as the day goes on the pain is in my quad and my calf. With slight swelling.
I visited my OS a month ago. He says I have done everything right, but that some people just take time. I have another appointment in a month 12 months out to discuss why my knee pinches and hurts. If I hyperextend my leg I feel like my knee is going to give out. Early on my PT said she felt my prosthetic was angled to the left. When I spoke to my surgeon about it he got mad and said she didn't know what she was talking about.
I know no two knees are the same but this left one feels so different from my right prosthetic knee.
It doesn't help that after my TRKR that they damaged a nerve and I woke up out of surgery with burning neuropathy in my right foot that has been there for 15 months now. So when I try to take the weight off my left leg Im standing on that burning right foot.
Im a hairdresser! And Im thinking of giving up the job that I love and retiring early:-(

Im afraid I will need a revision. HELP
 
But walking and standing , especially standing in one place is painful. When Im standing my knee is so tight feeling, as the day goes on the pain is in my quad and my calf. With slight swelling.
I'm sorry you're still having problems.
Most of us find that standing still is one of the things that takes the longest time before it becomes easy, but it does usually improve. I do understand how that affects your work, though. My hairdresser sits on a stool to cut the back or my hair. You may llready have tried that, but if you haven't, it could be worth a try.
As for thnerve pain in your other foot, has your surgeon ordoctorprescribed Gabapentin? That sometimes helps the irritated nerve to calm down.
I visited my OS a month ago. He says I have done everything right, but that some people just take time. I have another appointment in a month 12 months out to discuss why my knee pinches and hurts. If I hyperextend my leg I feel like my knee is going to give out. Early on my PT said she felt my prosthetic was angled to the left.
I agree with your surgeon on two counts.
It may be that your knee just needs a bit more time before standing still gets easier.
He's right about your PT, too. Your PT has no business suggesting a problem with your knee implant. Doing so has just given you something else to worry about.
 
By the way, ,@BeesKnees!

You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread.
For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
Don't worry that we won't see your question because, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on. If you haven't already done so, please willyou do that?
 
I agree with your surgeon on two counts.
It may be that your knee just needs a bit more time before standing still gets easier.

He's right about your PT, too. Your PT has no business suggesting a problem with your knee implant. Doing so has just given you something else to worry about.
I agree here, also. I had a tough recovery (and I had a partial, promoted to be a quicker recovery) It wasn’t until well after my one year check up that I felt much better, and I’ve felt even better after the 2 year mark.

I bet your doctor was mad at the PT for telling you that, and not mad at you. Some PTs comment on areas that they have not been trained in, and as Celle said, caused you to worry.

I also have a nerve issue in my replaced knee since the surgery that has not resolved yet. It’s very uncomfortable. So I understand your foot issue.
 
Celle I would like the 11 months out title to be my thread
Thank you Celle and Jockette for your empathy. Doing two knees four months apart has been a long haul for me. And seeing as I have a standing job its difficult. I do sit on a chair from time to time. But being in pain for 16 months is making me weary and fearful that the pain and tightness in my knees will never go away. For the most part they work OK. I can do almost everything but walk very far.
I am on Lyrica for the neuropathy in my right foot. I probably need to go see the neurologist again. In the middle of all this it took 7 months for the doctors to figure out that I need a total thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy. So Ive had a third operation also. I just wish my left knee could feel like my right. My right knee I can live with.
 
You have certainly had your challenges this year. I hope your knee heals up and behaves itself along with your right foot!
 
Celle I would like the 11 months out title to be my thread
That is the title of your thread.
Your thread contains your knees' past history as well, because that's the way we do things here on BoneSmart.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom