Guest viewing is limited

MUA 11 Months Ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niagara falls is nice this time of year but the thaw we are having right now makes things sloppy. I will take it easy and ice alot thank you. Maybe I should start a mua fan club lol.
 
@gman33, I wish you luck next week! Many people here have had MUA's and it seems as though all say it was no big deal after all. I know with my second TKR, by surgeon did an MUA (he automatically does them while doing the second knee…even though I didn't need it, my ROM was 125 at 5 weeks). After my surgery, the knee was not at all painful. In fact, I would't have known it was done if he hadn't told me.
 
Wishing you well next Tuesday! I'm a little over 10 weeks after BTKR and seem to be stuck right around 75 too, so I look forward to hearing about your MUA.
 
Just an update my mua went really well. Spent the night in the hospital on a cpm machine knee feels good. I havr to spend the next few weeks on the machine and icing than hopefully back to work.
 
I am so glad your MUA went well! Keep us posted on your progress.
 
2 days after mua knee swollen and can not get it straight. Still on the cpm machine 2hrs at a time I am hoping icing and elevating will help my knee. Bending the knee a little hard right now but after the swellen I should be able to get decent rom.
 
1 week after mua knee feels loose but still a little swollen. Going to start water work outs and maybe back to work. It has been 3 months since tkr have a ways to go but will get there.
 
Following your story with interest. Can't wait to hear the measurements after MUA.
 
Saw the Dr today rom at 98 up from 72 before mua knee still feels a little stiff but should let up with time. 3 and 1/2 months after surgery and starting to feel a little better with the new knee.
 
Hi Gman33. I am 11 weeks out from RTKR and have some issues walking. Not only does my knee feel totally foreign, but I have to concentrate really hard to walk properly. I do still limp and do have to use my cane at times still :( Congrats on your MUA!
 
You're early days yet, Ellen. And it's definitely not the implant you feel but the damaged tissue around it. Truly it is!

Gman, some people just do have a limp for extended periods of time. Occasionally there is no rhyme or reason to it, it just is! The art is to try not to let it bug you and eventually it will go away.
 
Hi Josephine thank you there is days where my knee does feel good And I have very little limb. Going back to work was an eye opener. I did go back for only 4rs a day this week than 6 hr/day next week then fuul tu e to follow. I have finished pt and currently doing physio on my on and this seems to keep my knee loose and feeling pretty good.
 
What is your extension? I'm guessing you still have a few degrees of extension lag. That will affect your walking. I found working on extension even harder than working on flexion. I could feel those ligaments burn quite easily and did my best not to incur that feeling. It seemed slow as molasses but it wasn't long, maybe a couple of weeks, before I could fully straighten my leg.
 
Not sure about my extension it does feel like I have some work to do with that. Any ideas on how to get extra extension would be great?
 
hi Gman, I had/have issues with my extension as well. 2 of the best 'exercises' for this are just to sit with your heel on a stool or chair straight in front of you when you're sitting and let gravity do it's thing. another is to lay on your stomach on a bed or couch with your tkr leg hanging off the end or side from right above the knee with some sort of ankle weight on (can even be a grocery bag with a few cans in there) and do that for 5 minutes. You'll absolutely feel these exercise in your hamstrings behind your knee, but they help! U can ice behind your knee as well to help with any discomfort.
 
When you sit on the floor, does your leg flatten to the floor or is there some space under your knee?

I think there is an article about this in the BS library. I put a thin pillow under my knee for cushioning while sitting on the floor, and had my husband very gently apply downward pressure on my leg for a minute or two, a set of 10 twice a day. Don't be so forceful as to cause burning/pain.
 
It has been 5 months since my TKR and 1 month since I had an MUA done. My ROM is 95 after MUA before it was stuck at 65. But I still have a hard time walking without a limp. I have been walking like this for 30 years and I was hoping after my TKR, that walking would be easier but it is not.

I am not seeing a PT. I ride a stationary bike every other day and I am working 8hrs a day with a lot of up and down out of a chair. I ice my knee as soon as I get home every day.

Any idea how long it takes to get back to a semi-normal life with this knee? There has been days I wish I never had this done but there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel I hope.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom