MUA 11 Months Ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been 11 months since my tkr and 7 months since my mua and I still can not bend more than 90 or straighten my leg to 0. I now am regretting getting my knee done pt has now retired and am currently looking for a new one. I am heading to Cuba in 3 weeks and I am worried about all the walking and not being able to enjoy myself because of this knee. I ride a stationary bike every other day becuse the pain is so bad. I lay with 5 pound weight on my knee to help with the straighting. Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated.
 
Hi gman33,
What does your OS say about your pain and ROM?
I would start looking for a second opinion for an OS who specializes in revisions, they have the experience to determine what the problem is with painful TKR's.
You may be doing too much, try taking some time off from exercising, and Rest, Ice, and Elevate, and see if that helps.
Here are some suggested exercises for extension:
Extension: exercises for improvement

For your trip to Cuba, take some crutches to take the wt. off your leg so you can walk more.
Let us know how you are doing,
 
Hi gman.....You may notice that I have merged your two recovery threads. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you decide you'd like a different thread title at any point, you can change it by using the Thread Tools button at the top right of your screen or just post what you want here and we'll get it changed for you. Here is a link with instructions on how to find your old thread if you're off the forum a while. Bookmark this link into your Favorites and then it will always be handy if you need it. How can I find my threads and posts?

I agree with Pumpkln that it's time to search out a good revision specialist who can properly diagnose what is going on with your knee. You can use the BoneSmart Find a Clinic locator at the top of the page. Or, if you like, I'll try and guide you to someone who can help. I would need to know what city you are in or near or your zip code. Just tag me if you want assistance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom