THR 11 Days Post Op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Sharon. My wife has been after me as well to take more tylenol.
 
OK, day after tomorrow, I'll be 4 weeks. 3 days ago I saw my physical therapist, at least the guy who helps with exercises. I was still not able to bear weight on my leg because of knee pain. He said, ' you've got swelling on your knee ' are you elevevating? Well, I had not been elevating much at all. So I started elevating as well as icing, and presto, I'm pretty much without crutches or cane and walking without help. Tomorrow, likely 1 mile or more.

Hoping to gain some strength in my quad and keep moving forward!
 
No need to be sorry. I have been icing 3 times a day with a unit called Game Ready, which is both cooling and compression. What I had not been doing a very good job with was elevating, thinking that icing so much was in place of elevation.

So with a couple of days of elevation,my knee pain subsided and I was able to walk.

I posted this because I had not realized that elevation was as important as it is, even with a lot of icing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom