TKR 10 Days Post Op.....so far, so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing great Liz. Great rehab session this morning. ROM is improving every day. Working on a lot of strengthening in therapy and my quads are coming back to life. Graduated to heat today before my session started and then ice to finish. Rode the bike for 8 minutes.

Going back to work next week just for a few hours a day. Depending on how I feel next week I will probably go back full time the week after next.

Still doing my exercises at home 2x per day and I feel like this has really helped to speed up my recovery.

I'm completely off the crutch and walking on my own. I'm not going anywhere fast but I'm doing it with no crutch.

I think I'm still on track to do a short spin class with no resistance by day 21.

All in all, I feel like I'm a good 2 weeks ahead of where I thought I would be at this point. I attribute this to 1.) a great surgeon, 2.) a lot of work in the several months before surgery (Pilates and spin) and 3.) an aggressive (but sensible) rehab done at an extremely good PT facility.

Overachiever!  :wow::thumb: LOL
That is awesome! I got my first demerit today and have to do a Z-pack. Better safe than sorry tho.

Keep up the good work! And awesome being up and around without the crutch!

@L.I.T that's not a demerit.......that's just a little tiny speed bump. You'll be back on the road to recovery in a day or 2

Ugh, I'm only post op 8 days and already tired of fighting the pain. I'm supposed to be at 95 degrees flexion Tuesday when I see my OS and am only at 70 now. [emoji25]

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

@Grammy211My pain was the worst on about days 4-8 so don't get discouraged that you're still in a lot of pain because you are in probably the toughest time.

Day 18
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170115_0b963adc93b4c6e62c3ce1c8b02a10bf.jpg

Day 18.........Felt great today. Got outside and threw the ball with the dog for a bit. Did my regular therapy 2x and also added 100 push-ups and some plank holds as well as a bit of additional core work. Now relaxing with a nice bottle of wine to celebrate my birthday. [emoji322]

@mbrown you are doing incredible! How did you turn over a bike pedal so quickly and how in the world are you doing pushups? You definitely have had a great plan and some luck too! Happy Birthday , btw! Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What's a Z pack? Is it a bad thing? @mbrown you are a total overachiever! Think I'll stop reading your thread due to extreme jealousy!

Happy birthday! Cheers! :cheers:

Man,you're a superstar! You're knee looks great and those exercises, Wow!! Not gonna lie, I'm a lot jealous right now, lol

Keep at it!

@mwetzel394 thanks! I don't know on the bike......and on the push-ups, I tried one and it didn't hurt at all so I kept doing them. All I've done is ice, elevate and follow my PT's instructions.

mbrown is having an unusually fast recovery - and that's fortunate for him.

Most of us find that our knees take longer to recover.

No one should feel envious or upset if their progress is slower. It's always best not to compare recoveries, because each knee is on its own recovery journey and will take whatever time it needs.

@Celle I'm a big believer in the law of averages. I will have to have my other knee done inside of 5 years. Hoping the law of averages doesn't catch up with me on #2

Congrats on doing so well. We all progress at different speeds and every journey is special in its own way. Keep giving updates, it is very inspiring!!!

I think I've experienced my first zingers last night and today. Super sharp pain coming out of no where and lasting 10-20 seconds? I've had one in my foot, one in my tibia, one in my fibia and one in my hip.

Does this sound like the zingers I've heard others talk about?

I never had them anywhere but my knee and surrounding area. Mine actually caused my knee/leg to jump. I'd be sitting in a chair teaching a reading group and up my leg would pop all on its own. They were quick electric like zaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie