Guest viewing is limited

TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

Glad you are taking a conservative course with your legs, hope the swelling goes down soon.
 
I woke up this morning hardly able to walk but it eased up after walking a bit. As the day progressed so did the pain when standing. I got my cane out tonight to aid me and although I never wanted to see my surgeon again now I'm thinking I'll have to go in. Has anyone experienced this?
 
Hi @lillibb
I'm sorry to read that you are still having problems with your leg. It may be time to look for a second opinion, from a surgeon who specialises in revision knee surgery. Not that I'm suggesting you need a revision, but these specialist surgeons see difficult knees every working day and can often spot a problem and a solution that has eluded your own surgeon. You will need one who has no connection, either professional or social, with your current surgeon - so that he can look at your knee with new eyes.

I'm also going to ask @Josephine to advise you.

You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. Even though your old thread was a while ago there may be information in it that is relevant to your present problem.

For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom