TKR 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

Sure I remember a post on here a while ago saying about 12oz
 
Slight temp and knee feels a little warm, should I let my Dr know?
 
Can't do any harm although your knee will be warm for some time to come yet
 
Tried sleeping in my bed, on the third night I got up and went back to my recliner. Hobbling around a bit without the walker, no one get excited, the walker won't fit in the main bathroom so I can get in holding onto the counter. I have a U shaped kitchen so I can do a littler work in there. Like I made the microwave bacon this morning. Yes I got tired quick and went back to my recliner with my ice in tow.. I can get up and get my own ice for my glass, and my soda. The pain is getting better to manage. Nights are still rough emotionally. Another little something going on is my little dog, since my surgery she has pooped on the rug, thrown up for no reason, and at first she didn't want to get too close to me. Now that's I'm up more she can be found nearby. Has anyone else had pet problems? Oh, and she managed to tear into one of my bag of peas and helped herself to all the peas she could eat. Luckily peas, frozen or cooked+ are ok for dogs, and no it did not upset her stomach.
My dogs have been staying close but seem to understand that things are different. This is night 7 since surgery and think I overdid it some. Leg was very swollen yesterday and pain was unbearable. My nurse friend came and put lots of ice and elevated and we saw difference 4 hours later. Hoping for a better tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
7 weeks out, my knee hurts. The muscles around my knee are sore. My Pt is going so much better, mobility is 118. My surgeon refused more pain meds. I refuse to go back to him. Life is great.
 
7 weeks out, my knee hurts. The muscles around my knee are sore. My Pt is going so much better, mobility is 118. My surgeon refused more pain meds. I refuse to go back to him. Life is great.
My dogs are also acting a bit odd. some accidents that are not that normal. Other has been fine but also some poo issues.. she is 15 though.. so they are off their usual schedule of 2 walks a day.. etc. My one now wants to be with me constantly.
[Bonesmart.org] 1 yr 9 months out, severe pain when standing...

Who could refuse that face? [emoji5]
I think they will get better as we get better

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
Well I found out why my little dog was acting up. She was actually very sick and had a tumor in her chest, so in addition to the pain and depression from surgery I had to put her to sleep. One of the worse days of my life. My husband suggested for me to get a new baby right away and my heart said yes. There's nothing like caring for a pup to get my mind off myself. Her name is Sadie Nae Nae and she's 9 weeks old. (miniature schnauzer)
 
Hi Lillibb, I am so sorry to hear about your loss! Pets are like our children. Hard enough having to go through this difficult knee journey. Stay strong and take care of yourself.
 
Well I found out why my little dog was acting up. She was actually very sick and had a tumor in her chest, so in addition to the pain and depression from surgery I had to put her to sleep. One of the worse days of my life. My husband suggested for me to get a new baby right away and my heart said yes. There's nothing like caring for a pup to get my mind off myself. Her name is Sadie Nae Nae and she's 9 weeks old. (miniature schnauzer)
Omg.. poor you ...can't imagine how traumatizing that was...good for you to get a puppy. . They never replace but do fill the void.. love having animals in the house. [emoji221] [emoji209] [emoji199] good energy.


Theresa 9/21/15 left knee
 
I did go back to my surgeon even though I never wanted to see him again. I still cannot believe all the pain I suffered in the hospital and then at home. My husband tried to tell him how much I've suffered and he just smiles and nods his head. I'm through with PT, did all I could do there and I'm happy with my progress. I am driving now short distances, I've tried longer distances but it makes my knee sore. My knee is still swollen and stiff so I still ice and elevate, I still have pain every day. I'm now walking 3/4 mile 5 days a week and will try 1 mile next week. I got to see my family Dr yesterday and had good lab reports and that sure made me feel better, things are looking up! I'm about 2 1/2 months out.
 
If you feel up to a mile, fine. But you don't have to rush. Just listen to your knee and remember that sometimes you don't feel that it was too much until later. So take an incremental approach.
 
Almost 4 months ! I still have pain, swelling, stiffness. The swelling is mostly in my foot, so when I saw the Dr last he says "elevate twice a day for 30 mins" I see him next 1 yr from surgery. The new puppy is doing well and we're really enjoying her. We sure did need her. I hope everyone is doing better than I am and if not, persevere, it gets better, so I'm told.
 
Guess your knee will heal at its own pace. I still have some of that in 1st knee but it has to be the strong one now...

left knee 9/21/15
right knee 11/30/15
 
7 months...my knee works great, I still have pain, especially in the morning when I get up. But the pain seems to be more in the quad muscle area than the knee itself. I notice discomfort during driving and once took a 2 hour drive and woke up the next morning with ankle cramps. Several other things have been going on with my eyes and now I need ablation in both legs. At first I had a lot of swelling in the post op foot of the knee that was replaced, but then there was swelling in the other foot which prompted a Dr visit. Alot of whaaa whaaa whaa but over all glad I had it replaced even though the first few months were tough.
 
9 months out. Still have pain when I go from sitting to standing. Almost all the swelling has gone down but it looks like the new knee is bigger and it still feels heavier. I am thankful the terrible pain that started this journey is gone. I had problems with swelling feet and even saw a surgeon who said I need an ablation (pass). This site has been informative and the folks here have been very supportive, so glad I found ya'll ! Best wishes and blessings to all.
 
I'm glad that you are doing well. I hope you continue to do better as each month goes by. Thanks for the update.
 
One year out..I wish I could say all is well. I fell down outside on my new knee..it was badly scraped and it was 1 week before my anniversary op date. I saw my surgeon and to my relief he took x-rays and said all was well. That was a month ago and where I fell still hurts, the whole knee is sore still. I still have swelling in my feet and was told I needed a venous ablation. (Not related to the surgery) which I don't believe. Has anyone had/have this problem?
 
lillibb,
Our knees are pretty sturdy and can take pretty much what ever we throw at them. The soft tissue is what gets injured when we fall, and can take awhile to heal.
Go back to the BoneSmart Mantras, Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate as prescribed, for your continuing discomfort and swelling.
I still have swelling in my feet and was told I needed a venous ablation. (Not related to the surgery) which I don't believe.
I would seek a second opinion about the venous ablation.
I am going to tag @Josephine to comment.
 
Thanks so much for answering..I cancelled my ablation and do want to see another Dr about it. And I'm headed to the freezer for my soft ice pack!
 
I did get a second opinion and another reading which showed there wasn't any valve problems..makes me wonder what would have happened if I would have gotten the procedure, would they have stopped or gone on.? And it was another Dr from the same vascular group. The new advice was to wear compression socks for a few months and if the swelling persists then they want to try something I think they call boots.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom