TKR 1 week post op, new forum member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess we all learn the hard way at times, lol. You think you can cut back but then the pain comes back with a vengeance, just goes to show that you're not quite ready yet to reduce meds.
 
I slept 6 straight hours last night and I fee like dancing this morning!! Ice and a Benadryl got me through.

Question for anyone - clicking and clunking - anyone else feel this when they walk? Theres no pain, but it feels weird. I'm also experiencing pain on my outer knee area. When I move it a certain way - it reminds me of the pain I used to have.
Hope everyone is having a good day!
 
Isn't it great! The sleep I mean. As for the clicking and clunking. You will notice more of that as the swelling decreases. I mostly notice it at night when I change positions, or go from a bent to straight leg or vice versa when sitting. I can't say I notice it when walking. I can tell you as my quads strengthened after my 1st TKR the clicking decreased to the point it was almost absent. My doctor says it is normal. I also have pain on the outer knee area which I think is normal because that is where they do a lot of the pounding for the implant. That should improve also. My 1st one has.
 
Completely agree with gigi32, I had the same thing when I had my first tkr. Really pleased you slept well last night.
 
I will be 6 weeks out on Thurs. I kinda started cutting back some on the pain meds at about 4 1/2 weeks, now I only take a percovet about every 12 hours. Sometimes I have a bad day and throw an extra in there. I feel the clunking too, its weird, I still have alot of swelling though, I truely have so many ups and downs, as we all do. I saw in another post of yours something about driving to the mall to walk around, must say jealous!!! I dont feel I walk well yet, cant go to far and leg stiffens up and becomes painful!! Glad you are getting some sleep, Ive been fortunate with that and slept well from the beginning.
 
One of my knees still clicks randomly. I don't seem to have that with the latest knee.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom