Recent content by zzevi

  1. Z

    TKR Late Bloomer<

    thank you for any help I need with posting it's been a while and I kindof even forgot what I needed to do.
  2. Z

    TKR Late Bloomer<

    Hello everyone it's been like forever since I've been on the site. For some reason I am really hankering to take a bath in the bath tub. I've never tried to get down into the tub since my tkr. Is it do able, or is it something I should put out of my head. I would love to just sit and soak. ( I'm...
  3. Z

    TKR Late Bloomer<

    I was just looking up if it would be possible to take a tub bath again. It's been almost 2 yrs since my surgery and I have a hankering to get into a tub of warm water and soak. I am able to get up from the floor when I am on it, but usually need something to grab a hold of. Looking for...
  4. Z

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    Sounds like everything is finally headed in the right direction. I felt over all I lost out on a lot last year because recovery took so long. Could actually go in for some fusing of bones in my left foot but it's 2 months at least recovery and I just can't emotionally do it at this pt maybe next...
  5. Z

    Seven more days!

    The first few weeks will be the most difficult, and even then you will question your decision to have had the surgery, think we all have before and especially after when all the nerve blocks wear off and we trying to find pain control. But this is a good site with lots, lots of very helpful...
  6. Z

    Pre Surgery Class Today

    I also received a book at my class also, a timeline of how things should go. But I found as I happened upon this site that the manual was a rosy over glow of how a normal tkr would probably go. Mine wasn't exactly text book. I found some of the info helpful, but found most helpful info on this...
  7. Z

    TKR CNM1 new knee June 16<

    Take it day by day, each day you may be able to do more than the day before. Yes, uneven ground is hard to walk on and can cause pain, steps with out assistance in the beginning I would steer clear of and when your more sure of yourself. Everything will come back in time, pain meds, rest, and...
  8. Z

    TKR Left knee done and it’s on to the right!

    It's easy to over do it, especially on a day your feeling good. Yesterday probably won't be the last time during recovery that you make that mistake, it may make the evening a restless and painful on as for the following day, but no real harm is done. ( pain medications, icing and elevation...
  9. Z

    TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

    Hope your starting to feel better, you can often over do it, not that p/t would ever admit that was the case. As others mentioned the fatigue is on going for a while, basic every day house hold chores and being up and about is exhausting with out adding to them. Less is often more, and you'll...
  10. Z

    LTKR on schedule again

    so glad your metal allergies were found prior to your surgery. As for a vehicle a little higher vehicle may be easier to deal with then a lower vehicle, some vehicles are pretty close to the ground and we all know what it's like to use a toilet right after surgery without a riser, very painful...
  11. Z

    TKR 6 weeks post-op need advice please

    Oh your story sounds so familiar, so many of us have walked in your shoes. The surgeons and p/t often want more from us after surgery than we are capable of. ROM a lot of that is dependent on swelling, a yr ago someone had written often about how you can't bend a water hose that is full of...
  12. Z

    Thank you

    Glad you happened upon the site, I was actually a few weeks post op when I found the site almost a yr ago at this point. I have gotten so much valuable advice, I probably could have almost been on the phone daily to the surgeon wondering if things were going the way they should be going. But...
  13. Z

    TKR Switching doctors

    I am also in the process of seeing a different surgeon then the one that did my tkr. We had some disagreements about my follow up care and he showed no sympathy to any problems I had. I just couldn't bring myself to go for my yr-ly follow up with him. I called and choose a different dr, from...
  14. Z

    TKR My new knee<

    You can actually do the rx exercises to much and cause more swelling. I was one who pushed myself as I was being pushed and if anything all it did was set me back, when I finally became frustrated at not being able to please everyone along the way (p/t, surgeon ) and followed the less is more, I...
  15. Z

    TKR Sleep at either side issue<

    I had lots of issues a long the way, but for the most part I could sleep x amount of hrs nightly in bed. I awoke often for about the first 3 months, most nights I would get up watch some t.v. and return to bed. My suggest is where ever you can get some sleep, that is the least painful, sleep...
Back
Top Bottom