TKR 8 weeks lots of pain<

Over this week I have come to this same answer. I have just done stuff around the house, went for a short walk at the market. I have had a few moments with out pain . Went back to PT they did a heavy massage on me, I was ill the rest of the day. So I am stopping PT and just going to go back do stuff around the house and short walks. My ROM is at 122 so I feel it will all come back.

Thank you all for you support in this.
 
Yay! You're on the right track. If your flexion is at 122, you are already doing great. You can always go back to PT later if you want to work on balance or strength. For now rest your knee and let it finish recovering. Going about your daily activities gives it plenty of exercise.
 
Hope your starting to feel better, you can often over do it, not that p/t would ever admit that was the case. As others mentioned the fatigue is on going for a while, basic every day house hold chores and being up and about is exhausting with out adding to them. Less is often more, and you'll see better results. ( meaning less pushing of yourself for exercising, allow yourself a chance to rest and recuperate. )
 
Don't dust, nap. Nap, nap, nap. Napping rules.:sleeep:
 
Welcome to the ODIC (overdoing it club!) When you have been doing so much (particularly when you get poor advice telling you to work really hard) it is hard to STOP - but these advisors on here are really SMART!!!! (and experienced) I was hurting just reading your list of exercises . . . I was also overdoing it like you a few weeks ago - -I am much better off since I decided to relax and rest more . . . less pain, less swelling and inflammation, less crying, better sleep, messier house :rotfl: . . . . hang in there - you are on the right track!
 
Shoot, with 122, you're already there and don't need PT anymore! Good job!
 
I just love this site. You all make me feel so good and that it's going to be ok.

PT is over now and I just love this statement from this site. "PT is over great now you can relax and get well."

I did over do at PT and have Pes Anserine Bursitis. It really hurts very bad. I am icing and resting, but the pain is very bad. I am not sure it was from the PT as it seems that pain has been there all along after surgery. So not much walking or anything really.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and help it really has made a difference for me.
 
I will keep posting how I am coming along, as I know for me how long it will be and is this normal has been my questions

I am now at 3 months. The only pain I have is from the Pes Anserine Bursitis on the right side. My ROM is 127 now. I am resting 2 hours in the afternoon. I am retired so I get to do that . I ice 3 times a day with a Aircast machine. I have found it is the turtle not the hare that will win this race.

Once the bursitis stops hurting I will be doing more again.
 
you're doing great with that r.o.m. 127, sorry about the pain you're having. hopefully that will subside soon with treatment.
 
I have pain in the same area. Let me know what helps you, please.
 
Paula for the Pes Anserine Bursitis I have been using Diclofenac Sodium gel four times a day. It seems to help with pain relief and swelling of the bursitis. I sure have been resting it a lot. I ice four times a day as Josephine has recommended. I have a few days where I am doing pretty good to the point I might be able to see a little light at the end here.

Josephine they had a PT person come to my home the week after surgery. She hurt me the second time she came out so I really did not let her do too much.

I am doing much better with pain, sleeping and just day to day stuff now that I stopped PT.

Today I have been laying around as I did not sleep well and the pain is more today. The resting dose help with the way I can handle the pain. I guess I did too much the day before, two steps forward one back.

I also have not mentioned I have Fibromyalgia which I know effects how I handle pain and lack of sleep. But the knee had to be replaced even if I have Fibromyalgia.
 
I understand your frustration. My surgery was June 16 and my knee is doing fine. Unfortunately, my piriformis muscle is not and pain can be brutal. My started with a home PT visit too. It has improved with rest and ice after overdoing it. I had not heard of Pes Anserine Bursitis before but I noticed significant pain on the inside of thigh today when trying to go for a short walk. Well I stopped that and got some ice.
I am sure having fibromylagia makes recovery slower. I am glad you found this group
 
Cnn1 I am so happy I found this group it has really helped me a great deal.
 
It's a topical NSAID gel that you rub into the sore places. It's available OTC here in NZ (as Voltaren), but I'm not sure of the situation in the US.

Some people find the topical creams and gels work, but I think tests have shown they don't penetrate below skin level.
I'm not allowed to take any NSAIDS, so I also avoid the topical ones, just in case they are absorbed by the skin.
 
Paula for the Pes Anserine Bursitis I have been using Diclofenac Sodium gel four times a day. It seems to help with pain relief and swelling of the bursitis. I sure have been resting it a lot. I ice four times a day
I would suggest the resting and icing has been largely responsible for the improvement.
Josephine they had a PT person come to my home the week after surgery. She hurt me the second time she came out so I really did not let her do too much.
Good for you!


I also avoid the topical ones, just in case they are absorbed by the skin.
Which they do! But not only that, what is absorbed through the skin goes into the blood and thereby to the stomach! Worrying thought, eh?
 
It sounds like something like BenGay. I'm taking Diclofenac any way. I sure don't want to add to it. I want to get off of it!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom