Recent content by zlady

  1. zlady

    Revision TKR Going on 7 Months

    Well, here I am again after quite a while. I just had revision surgery of my right knee as the hyper-extension problem seemed to get worse since my original TKR in Feb 2014. Also had Peroneol nerve surgery in April to decompress the nerve in my knee. Oh it's been such a long road! I am really...
  2. zlady

    Insufficient privileges to reply?

    Can I please have my thread un-locked as I would like to post an update? Thank you, Gina
  3. zlady

    Revision TKR Going on 7 Months

    @Jamie - Would you please change my thread title to Going on 7 mos. Thank you!
  4. zlady

    Revision TKR Going on 7 Months

    Had my 6 mo follow up with Dr.; he seems happy with my progress except for slight hyper-extended knee which is causing my continued limp as my quad isn't strong enough yet. Oh, the things that happen from a TKR....@Josephine is this common or am I just that lucky? So, my Dr. wants to follow up...
  5. zlady

    PKR what is normal?

    I totally agree with referee54! :)
  6. zlady

    Revision TKR Going on 7 Months

    @Jozilla- that's definitely where I want to be is when the tkr knee is wonderful! Yes, I do remember those days of fatigue & am so glad they are gone. Thank you for your kind words, I do appreciate it! Hope all goes well with your tkr in September! Will be thinking of you!
  7. zlady

    Revision TKR Going on 7 Months

    @dogwheels - It is so nice to hear from you & most of all thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I would say even though I'm doing well there are the occasional times when I'm questioning myself if I'm really improving or not. You are right though the twinge periods do get less & less...
  8. zlady

    Revision TKR Going on 7 Months

    I haven't posted in a while as things have been going relatively well with the knee. Still have a tight band feeling that certainly affects my walking; still have a limp but I am hopeful that with time it too will improve. The patience thing has always been a work in progress! Have been reading...
  9. zlady

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    Hi @DogLoverx3- just read up on the latest for you, sorry about your dog but yay about getting some money back! I'm sure you're frustrated that there wasn't a definitive answer regarding your knee scan. I certainly hope that you get some sort of relief soon. Thinking of you!
  10. zlady

    Bilateral TKR 2½ months post-op

    @KElmore- Sorry to hear you're having so much pain & oh yeah the complaining husband! Been there...done that! Very frustrating. I hope you get your pain meds straightened out & as bottomshollow points out that those who haven't gone thru this just don't understand. Try & have a nice day! Take...
  11. zlady

    TKR Post Op Blues at 5 weeks from surgery

    It sounds like you are doing well! Just want to stop in & say "hello!"
  12. zlady

    You CAN Recover...You can be active again!

    Hello @Minster- Thank you for your words of encouragement! It's so wonderful to hear that there is an end....at sometime! It's terrific that you are doing so well & doing so much! I look forward to being active again. Thank you so much for the update & I wish you well! Take care, Gina
  13. zlady

    TKR Post Op Blues at 5 weeks from surgery

    Welcome @FineArt50- so sorry you have been feeling down but this is to be expected during this time. I would say there are a lot of us on Bonesmart that weren't prepared for anything that the TKR brought us. I am 5 mos post op & have only felt like I'm getting back to myself within the last...
  14. zlady

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    It's incredible you're still pretty positive with the outcome! I'm right there with you with the knee...I've been doing what I consider fairly well & decided I would go to the grocery store. Started out good but by the time I was done my knee was screaming..so much pain in the back of the knee...
  15. zlady

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    Hello @DogLoverx3- I'm just catching up as this website is soooo slow at times. I'm sorry to hear about everything you're going through...not cool with the dump by text. I certainly hope you have a nice weekend! Take care, Gina
Back
Top Bottom