TKR Post Op Blues at 5 weeks from surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
The energy drain is tough. I'm still feeling it, but I know it will improve. You are right to take care of yourself when you get home from work. Doing a little something just to feel "normal" is also good.
 
It sounds like you are doing well! Just want to stop in & say "hello!"
 
It is now going on 12 weeks out and it has been amazing. However, I just went to read some posts as I feel stopped in my tracks today.

The past two weeks, I have been back at work, enjoying walking and doing. Perhaps too much. I read the article today about leaving the former work ethic behind for about 6 months to a year and that is what I needed to see. I have been acting like I'm done with this. Well, not so. I had to go out this am to do a project and ended up feeling sickly, like flu, came home and napped for 3 hours and then went out and finished the purchase.

I had to go to a couple of thrift stores seeking a couple of garments for a production. I still need to do alterations but decided around 4 pm that nothing else would happen today. I just don't feel like it. I am good at the moment but not going to find the self discipline to do the alts today. It's that myth of self discipline that I fight a lot. That somehow I have lost it, lost the over achiever I am or once was.

Well, my line of choice today in the reading was, I have never done THIS TKR before, so no comparison is possible. It is what it is and I am going to own that. My manager's mother had TKR 4 years ago and has not had the recovery I have had, but I am grateful that she looks out for me in so many ways to not let me overdo. I am good, will feel better tomorrow I'm sure but it's a day off and I will not overwork. I will work smarter in my hours of work. I'm good. Just checking in.
 
Thank you for saying 6 months and still healing. I am so good on so many levels. I did read the comment of the knee joint being a foreign object in the body on this site. It was in some paper in the list of things to read. It said, that while that is true, it may take some bodies more to adjust to the change. I also think that the adjustment to being able to feel good and move so much more tends to make me an over active person on the knee. I plan to do something one day and rest the next, as I am trying to build stamina as I said. I do feel I am doing really, really well. thank you for your comments.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have been acting like I'm done with this. Well, not so. I had to go out this am to do a project and ended up feeling sickly, like flu, came home and napped for 3 hours
Ah that old Energy Drain will get you every time!
That somehow I have lost it, lost the over achiever I am or once was.
No way! You will get it back eventually. This recovery is a long haul flight, not a short hop!
The words that spoke today is that the knee replacement part is truly a foreign object in your body
Where did you read those words? Not on here, I hope?
but my stamina is still growing and there is occasionally soreness but that feels least compared to the mood swings.
I remember that. It took me nigh on six months to shed it.
I can't find a box that says edit thread
You have to accrue 10 posts before you get those extras! :wink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom