Recent content by Zelda

  1. Zelda

    Anyone used Amniotic Stemcell therapy injections?

    Youch!, it still looks early to me. A small study and not much in the way of time scales - are the 40% and 22% figures for going on to THR quoted over the same time scale? Following patients for 17 months seems very short. I didn't mean to suggest you can have an indefinite number of hip...
  2. Zelda

    Anyone used Amniotic Stemcell therapy injections?

    Ceramic and plastic. The thing is, that having had the OA with the limited range of movement, pain, discomfort and a hundred other things I didn't notice until they were gone, I'd have the THRs every ten years if it meant the time in between was as pain free, flexible and easy as the last...
  3. Zelda

    Anyone used Amniotic Stemcell therapy injections?

    In Feb this year the Mayo Clinic said this: “We don’t have any really good, level one evidence out there yet,” says Dr. Shane Shapiro, an orthopedic surgeon at the Mayo Center for Regenerative Medicine in Jacksonville, Florida. “But judging by the proliferation of practices that perform the...
  4. Zelda

    Under 40 THR and ready for my life back

    Me too - but the THRs weren't as bad as I thought and much better than life with OA.
  5. Zelda

    Exercise for an obese pre op

    I think every area has different rules and I also think that they use them to manipulate waiting lists. I've seen 30 and 35 on various NHS leaflets and websites (I googled a lot when I was first diagnosed!) but the reality seems to be more case by case. I was advised to try to lose weight but...
  6. Zelda

    Help! Do I really need a hip replacement?

    I had pain everywhere but my hip - back pain, down my thigh, at my knee, sometimes in my ankle, sometimes down the front of my lower leg - and it took me about two years to discover my hips were the problem. Two THR later and all that pain is gone.
  7. Zelda

    THR Over did it!

    Occupational Health were really good with me - I basically wrote my own conditions for returning to work. My work were actually pretty good about it all but if they hadn't been, I'd have been very glad of the Occ Health people to back me up. Hopefully "hip pain" was a just a bit of...
  8. Zelda

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    It makes me so happy to hear about you doing well, Krista. :yes!:
  9. Zelda

    THR Postalgal's left hip recovery

    I had a long plastic shoehorn and applied hair removal cream with it rather than shaving. It wasn't perfect but it mostly worked. :heehee:
  10. Zelda

    THR Postalgal's left hip recovery

    Everyone hip is different. I found it quite hard to stick to the 90 degrees with my second hip because it just felt more flexible and able than when I had the first one done. My surgeon lifted all my restrictions at five weeks but told me to be sensible - no sudden moves, test any new movement...
  11. Zelda

    Total hip replacement activity level and dislocation

    I think everyone has to find a balance between caution and living life. I'm so sorry @bonnied999 that your hip dislocated - it must feel like you're right back at the beginning again.
  12. Zelda

    THR Over did it!

    It's post-op blues. I found my recoveries mentally harder than I'd expected because of things like isolation and being so dependant. I live rurally and not being able to drive for six weeks made me feel very trapped sometimes. There's usually someone here to chat to, though, and with the...
  13. Zelda

    THR One year on

    It's good to hear from people enjoying post-op life. :wowspring:
  14. Zelda

    THR Right THR 5 ago - now post Left THR

    I was just saying on another thread that after my second THR I was CONVINCED that I had a noticeable LLD but it was just swelling and weird posture and the feeling gradually went away. Over the first couple of weeks I only felt it when I was tired and then it just disappeared. The x-ray will be...
  15. Zelda

    New Here And Tremendous Anxiety About What To Expect

    I have two new ceramic hips. I was very unfit and overweight before surgery and now I could jog gently up and down a basketball court so I think you can probably place your expectations a little higher! In contrast, those recovery times are ridiculous. I went back to work at 12 weeks after my...
Back
Top Bottom