Guest viewing is limited

THR Over did it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @kaz43 and @Zelda ... sorry you've been feeling low and hope that the mood soon passes. It's difficult for sure when there's no-one there to make us a cup of tea, help out, chat to, or just 'be' there. But you're making progress each day and will soon have your independence back. At nearly 8 weeks, I am loving getting in my car for drives now, and finding nice spots to practice walk - not long for you. Unfortunately we don't all have the benefit and blessings of family or partners at hand, or friends nearby ... we have to be warrior women! Focus on all the good stuff if you can, there's so much life to enjoy once you're better. Thinking of you.
 
@Sunny girl Love the "warrior women"! Doing this recovery on your own does take a lot of digging deep--and shedding some tears. I agree that it's important to keep the good stuff--the progress--always in view.
 
well.....what a day!!
Occ health from work phoned apparently they need to speak to me as my manager has refered me as I am off work with hip pain !!!! FRHR is just a hip pain now....what a joke. Yes I have no hip pain like before but still had major surgery and still have restrictions....its so annoying. Makes you feel like ur taking the mick by being off sick. I spend 5 hours a day walking around a hospital....Rant over.
On a plus point went for a walk around the supermarket and a costa with one of my mates today, a nice break from the norm....was lovely.
 
Occupational Health were really good with me - I basically wrote my own conditions for returning to work. My work were actually pretty good about it all but if they hadn't been, I'd have been very glad of the Occ Health people to back me up.

Hopefully "hip pain" was a just a bit of miscommunication and I'm sure nobody thinks you're malingering!
 
hello All

Well week 5 off crutches, reduced my pain killers to only one before bed. Feel really good. Can't wait to start increasing my walking ( depending on weather bit too much ice today) so go up and down stairs a few times through the day. Looking forward to whats ahead. Apparently not every one needs to see my scar (all 9 inches of it) I don't care i'm so proud of it...means a future pain free.
Hope you are all well xxx
 
hi all

sorry been off line but enjoying life with the new hip....
wishing you all a healthy and happy Christmas and a brilliant new year....

Karen xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom