Recent content by yougrowgirl365

  1. yougrowgirl365

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    Sally, I am so happy for you!!!Take care, and enjoy your new hip and being home with your family! (and walking - amazing you are on one crutch!) =)
  2. yougrowgirl365

    THR My new hip - question about knee pain

    @Josephine, you are right! I went to the doctor today, and I guess one of the stitches rose to the surface (I had glue to close incision, but stitches underneath?) Sally @Vetgirl, all is well. Thanks for checking in! I am heading over to read how you're doing. =)
  3. yougrowgirl365

    THR My new hip - question about knee pain

    I am seven weeks post-op today. My incision is almost completely healed, except I've had a scab at the top that hasn't gone away. Tonight I noticed a white "string" coming out of that area. I'm attaching a picture. I will call my OS tomorrow, but am wondering if it's something to worry about...
  4. yougrowgirl365

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    Sally, I haven't been on Bonesmart in a while, but am glad I logged in today to see that you are on the road to walking again. You are in my prayers - may God bless you more than you could ever imagine! I look forward to hearing how your surgery and recovery go. Thank you so much for sharing...
  5. yougrowgirl365

    THR My new hip - question about knee pain

    Thank you, Ladies, for sharing, and for the link to the articles. I think I've read enough - just need the courage! @Josephine, I was surprised at the two weeks as well, but I do feel good, just tired more than normal. Had my two-week post-op check today, and I'm cleared to drive (as long as I...
  6. yougrowgirl365

    THR My new hip - question about knee pain

    Thank you Debbie @Dmcfad2 and Sally @Vetgirl your info. on your swelling. I know that we've all had surgery, and that it's to be expected, but it's such a new experience that if anything changes or seems different, I worry. I'm so glad you're all here! =) I'm continuing to ice when I sit or...
  7. yougrowgirl365

    Hip resurfacing after arthroscopic surgery

    Hi Carl, Welcome to Bonesmart - I'm a newbie as well, and have found lots of good information, advice and encouragement from fellow "hippies"! I am not as young as you are, but still a younger (41) person to have a THR. (I had mine 4/14).) My surgeon said my left hip wasn't a candidate for...
  8. yougrowgirl365

    THR Pain in hip after nine years.

    Congratulations Debbie, on your recovery! I hope to be where you are in 3 weeks! Let me know what your doc says about elliptical....=) Kathryn
  9. yougrowgirl365

    THR My new hip - question about knee pain

    Thank you @Butterfly and @dkirk0530 for sharing your experiences - it makes me feel much better about my swelling and pins & needles! Sally @Vetgirl , thank you so much for sharing how you've dealt with not being able to do everything you used to do when it comes to children. My older children...
  10. yougrowgirl365

    THR My new hip - question about knee pain

    Talked w/doctor. He seems to think it's all okay. :) I will see him Tuesday for my 2-week follow-up.
  11. yougrowgirl365

    i am new here. i am very overweight, and scared of surgery

    Hi @brokengrammy ! I just wanted to reassure you about being overweight and a THR. I too, worried as well. I have been overweight since I was 8. (Currently 5'8", 218 lbs.) I worried about how it would feel to walk afterwards (among other things). I had my LTHR (posterior lateral) on April 14...
  12. yougrowgirl365

    THR My new hip - question about knee pain

    Thank you, Ladies! My back is much better - I don't know how or why, but I'll just be thankful. My numbness is still there, but pins & needles not so bad b/c of regular Percocet (1/every 4-6 hours). I also get occasional charlie horses in my left butt muscle, so it very well could be sciatica. I...
  13. yougrowgirl365

    THR My new hip - question about knee pain

    Thank you @Butterfly and @Jamie for your advice. I am resting, icing and elevating more often. Im also taking pain meds regularly again. (1 Percocet every 4-6 hours, 2 @ bedtime.) Definitely helping! Thank you @Vetgirl, for tagging @Josephine. I see my dr. next week, but will see him sooner if...
  14. yougrowgirl365

    THR My new hip - question about knee pain

    Also, if anyone has some stretching or yoga exercises to do with THR restrictions, I would love to hear what's worked for you. My PT didn't offer many suggestions. Thank you!
  15. yougrowgirl365

    THR My new hip - question about knee pain

    @shrinkette or anyone else who has experienced the numbness/pins & needles...I had my THR last Monday (4/14) and a few days ago began having numbness in lower leg (outside and back) and pins and needles in lower leg and foot. Did yours eventually go away? Other than that, I am able to move...
Back
Top Bottom