use lots of ice, then a bit more!! and know every ache is worth it. Your new hips will give you a new life!! I'm six months in and wishing I had done it earlier now I realise how much I had stopped doing with my grumbly hips.
sounds like youre doing great.
@Brushis 28th May so you’ll be five months after me. Both together and although I was so nervous I’m so glad I did
@Hippymel i can do most things though alot of it has taken extra strengthening work. I do a lot of lunges as I found standing from a lunge or stepping back emphasised my upper...
Wow the last few weeks have gone so fast! I’ve been off in a motorhome for a week exploring the south coast, up to 5 hrs a day in the van and over 10km walks and doing great
Ran a yoga retreat this weekend and able to do most things except standing from a lunge I’m still weak in my upper leg...
I've just realised how long it has been since I have been on here! Life started to get more mobile, I started to get into catching up on admin & before you know it a few weeks has past!!
so I am now 7 weeks post op, back teaching yoga but obviously not demonstrating most of the postures...
@Cecropia the stories your daughter told you are so funny! Good drugs :spin:
I’m the same about my garden....so so good to get out in it then I got anxious about all the weeds. So my husband did some hoeing :bignono: I now have a lot less lettuces as he decapitated them!! So then I hired a...
Ho from
A fellow double hippy! I was a week before you so I can say it gets better, your swelling will keep going down, keep icing and yes the good leg swops sides. The 1000 squats feeling soon eases and I get cramps occasionally but now just a little aches & swelling when I’ve overdone it.
I’ve...
@mikeycat yay to the shower and independent sitting and standing! You’re doing fab
The last three days I’ve turned another corner so fingers crossed that’s you ASAP as you’re just behind me
A bit of sunshine helped too
I hadn’t heard that but I’ll be careful. My long drives are about that long so I’ll restrict to that for a bit longer.
@djklaugh my scars are improving it’s just the right is still very bumpy at the bottom but I’m gentle massaging it.
And yes I plan to skid in smiling and knowing I had a great...
@mikeycat 8km today :) in lots of little pottering bits rather rhan long walks! Got to 9500 steps today so feeling very proud and stronger. I’ve just built it up about 400-500 steps a day this last week. Icing every night and being aware of how I feel so I don’t overdo it.
Can now do upstairs...
That’s so funny :loll:you’ve made my morning!
Definitely not going to stop him doing it though but I’ll be thinking of this every time he does :heehee:
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.