Recent content by xtina16405

  1. xtina16405

    THR Xtina16405 recovery thread

    5.5 months since my right hip replacement. Amazing how fast time has gone by. It seemed that time would never get passed the first three months. Here I am on the other side and feeling pretty good. My doctor is very conservative. For the first 6 months, I have only been allowed to walk and swim...
  2. xtina16405

    TKR Bionic LaxMom

    So glad you are doing well @LaxMom. We have come a long way.
  3. xtina16405

    THR Xtina16405 recovery thread

    I have been back at work for 4 weeks and it has been 19 weeks since my surgery. Amazing how time flies. It took about 3 weeks for my energy level to return. The one thing I notice is sleep. Before surgery, I woke up a lot during the night. After surgery, I sleep great. I was so sleep deprived...
  4. xtina16405

    TKR Bionic LaxMom

    You are doing great my hippie twin. I am so glad both the hip and knee are healing. You sound like you are almost back to normal. What a great thing.
  5. xtina16405

    THR Xtina16405 recovery thread

    Well ,my first week back at work is behind me. I am happy my second week is only 4 days too. I started strong on tuesday. I felt great all day. Wednesday was tough by 4 pm I was done and exhausted. My son had a basketball game that night too. I got home at 9 and went straight to bed. Thursday...
  6. xtina16405

    THR Xtina16405 recovery thread

    1/12 appointment came. I saw the OS. We took X-rays. He says my leg looks great and he was impressed with how well I was moving around. I told him I did have muscle soreness in my outer knee, outer thigh and glut muscle. He said it takes about a year for all the muscles to recover. If I still...
  7. xtina16405

    THR Meggzie is bilaterally bionic!

    @Meggzie. How nice to be in a single bed room. So happy for you.
  8. xtina16405

    TKR Bionic LaxMom

    Hi @LaxMom aka Sharon:) Have you returned to work? I have my OS appointment on 1/12. I will be back on 1/13. I had to push my date back. My mom is having a lumpectomy on 1/8 and I wanted to be there for her since she helped me with my hip. So I pushed my appointment date / release date back...
  9. xtina16405

    THR Me2 and Recovery

    @Me2 love the photo. The small things are the best things in our life. Love the straight gait. Way to go.
  10. xtina16405

    THR Xtina16405 recovery thread

    I hit reply by accident. Oops. Darn iPhones. Thank you for the New Year wishes @craftdee @Legin @CanukTriMom. All my best to everyone. I will update after 1/12 when I see the OS.
  11. xtina16405

    THR Xtina16405 recovery thread

    Week 13 . . . Well my time off is coming to an end in a week. Blessed for the holidays because it had allowed me some extra time off. Part of me is ready to return to regular life and part of me wants to still recover. I see the OS on 1/12 for what is supposed to be the 12 week check in. There...
  12. xtina16405

    THR Meggzie is bilaterally bionic!

    @Meggzie Jena, so happy to hear you are progressing with your awesome positive attitude. I can't imagine all you are going through. I had to giggle at the snappy comment when frustrated. I get the same way and feel bad for my loved ones I snap at. No one ever deserves it. And I so try to catch...
  13. xtina16405

    THR Meggzie is bilaterally bionic!

    I am just getting all caught up on your recovery @Meggzie. Sad about spud! But understand the much needed sensible approach. Glad you are doing well. You are moving in the right direction. What a trial you have been through. You will make the best of the situation as always. Love the photos...
  14. xtina16405

    THR Meggzie is bilaterally bionic!

    @Meggzie i hope all is well. You are in my thoughts and prayers. All my best, Kristina
  15. xtina16405

    THR Xtina16405 recovery thread

    Happy New Year to all my BS friends. Make 2015 a great year.
Back
Top Bottom